How can I make sure my PS2 is on 480p and not 480i?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shpati

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
I just bought some component cables for my old PS2 to play some older games. The resolution now looks much higher now. However, I would like to make sure it is 480p and not 480i. I did not see any options on my TV for progressive or interlaced, and no options on my PS2. My television does support 480p (I checked the manual), as well as 480i, 720p, 1080i. The PS2 I have, I bought around 2004. It is one of the older ones (the bigger one, that the slim one). Do I have to do a PS2 system update or something?

Both interlaced (i) and progressive (p) have different advantages for different games. I read people talking about it online about choosing different i or p for their PS2.

I am out of ideas, either my TV does not have that option, my PS2 is too old, I need to update it, I mistaken those people by thinking they were talking about their console, but they were really talking about a emulator.

Shpati

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008

Yea your right thx. You have to press and hold X and Triangle on start up for it to work on games that support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.