Duke Nukem Forever!!!

Solution

Actually they got the new stock in so have it for $39 until the 20th if you're still looking !

hairystuff

Distinguished
Its not bad, but definatly not worth the wait we had to put up with, its a little bit buggy in places, but the game does get better after the 4th or 5th stage, it kind of ended a little prematurely aswell (was expecting 40% more game play) and it needed more tits and enemy npc's,

Almost finished with the campaign play through and must say it shouldn't have taken 14 years to make !! -- the gameplay is not too bad but do not care much for the auto health regeneration and lack of variety in the types of enemies and only being able to use 2 weapons. Guess I was expecting more but overall it is a decent game and does bring back some memories of the earlier games.

babu990

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Its great to know, that you have got this. But I am still seeking for Duke Nukem Forever. can you guys please give me some sources to this game @ discount price. If it is not, whatever any price.

Nihilis

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
I tried it, and found it distinctly average. Any game that establishes one of it's main selling points as bewbies is likely to be convoluted and average at best. It just seemed a little... Generic.

But I'm not a fan of Duke Nukem anyway, so it probably had a bit less appeal to me than it would a hardcore DN fan.

-Nih

davidzanemason

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
I agree with Nihilis. I also found the game very mediocre. The edgy jokes were not that edgy - and the humorous part were not that humourous (in my opinion). The actual gameplay didn't add anything more than other FPS's I've played before. It is certainly not a bad game - especially if you can avoid any big expectations. But taken on it's own merit, it doesn't stack up to other FPS's which I won't name....oh wait...yes I will name one.....Half-Life, etc.

AlwaysLearningTech

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
My mate brought the game brand new the other day and then got rid of it the next day. He messaged me on Facebook saying that it was the worst game he has played on, and that he got bored of it within two hours. When he took it to a shop to sell it, the people at the CEX said that you wouldn't believe how many people have brought this game back. If you check out gamespot UK, they've rated the game 3.5.

Boy talk about harsh. I got my copy at Target since it was part of their buy one get one half off promotion. Perhaps you feel better about it if you only pay $25 for the game when you also get something else (they still had some Crysis 2 limited edition) The Target version comes with a 3d poster and the red and blue 3d glasses.

It is certainly the rudest, crudest, most immature game I bought this year, but damn it it makes me laugh :D. I'm curious to see what mods come out of it o_O

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
This DNF was more rushed out the door once it switched hands to get some quick cash back. Now that the IP is in someone else's hands I anticipate a Duke Nukem 5 in a couple of years, with a fresh look, fresh game play and it will take less than 2 yrs to make, I wouldn't be surprised if they are already working on a sequel right now...after not only is Duke the man but he's also a ca$h cow.

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011

I have not played this game yet and am willing to bet the bewbies are not as cool as the ones in the 2 witcher games lol.

Nihilis

Distinguished
May 18, 2011

But Witcher 2 didn't rub them in your face all over the marketing ad. They were included for depth and darkness, but they were secondary, and they took them in their stride - they didn't make a big deal about them, they just included partial nudity as if it was totally normal, which is why it worked. Duke Nukem feels like a randy teenager who's just discovered women and is spending the majority of it's time stalking a strip club - it makes it such a big deal that it's no longer normal, and just makes me feel like I'm playing a game based on the naive fantasy of a teen just turned legal.

-Nih

Seems like despite all the negative reviews it's still selling well ^_^

http://www.videogamer.com/news/randy_pitchford_says_customers_love_duke_nukem_forever.html

I feel sorry for people who bought the 360 version though since it is lowered quality and insanely long loading times. If I had to wait like they do every time I die (don't ask) I'd go nuts too. It's still a little annoying that it has to load like that, but it only takes a few seconds on my rig ^_^

Nihilis

Distinguished
May 18, 2011

Certainly if you listen to Yahtzee too much, yes :p /tinfoil hat on.

I don't want to comment to be honest, lest I be slated for having an opinion. I do agree that I do encounter more "bad" games nowadays, or more games that I find immature, however I've always considered this to be due to me getting older, and my tastes becoming suitably more mature and refined.

-Nih

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011

Interesting take I always just thought the games were going to hell lol :pt1cable:

His problem is he wanted everything, but only kept a small number of people to do it. He only got serious at the end when they ran out of money. The fact that they switched engines twice means they basically redid the whole game at least two times. They also had some bad lower management so levels and stuff were redesigned far too often.

Even so, I love the finished game. No it's not something that should have taken 10 years, but I still like it :D

Latest posts