List of Morrowind locations...

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

Is there, anywhere, a list of all the Morrowind locations such as...

daedric shrines
dwemer shrines
caves
underwater grottoes
ancestral tombs
mines (egg, ebony, glass, etc)

?

Jonathan.

sarah

"Jonathan Ellis" <jonathan@franz-liszt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> Is there, anywhere, a list of all the Morrowind locations such as...

I'm interested in this too. Especially without maps since I don't want to
be spoiled as to where they are - I just want to tick them off as I find
them.

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

"Jonathan Ellis" <jonathan@franz-liszt.freeserve.co.uk> skrev i en
meddelelse news:cb7tcl$7t0$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Is there, anywhere, a list of all the Morrowind locations such as...
>
> daedric shrines
> dwemer shrines
> caves
> underwater grottoes
> ancestral tombs
> mines (egg, ebony, glass, etc)
>
> ?
>
> Jonathan.

You will get a better result if you accept to collect the
lists yourself. I can recommend Deslock's tutorial
on gamespot.com. It has a very helpful index, and
lists the quests and other things of note alphabetically
by regions, towns and locations. It makes it possible
to 'clean out' a location for these places, or quickly
to check if they are used in any quests, and whom the
questgiver might be - plus whether there are any
useful stuff at all, to make it worthwhile.

It also lists the npc's by name, the trainers by name
and other helpful topics - plus, of course, a step-by-step
walkthrough, if that is needed

Since I have downloaded the page, I can only say,
that the site is Gamespot but not the link. Google
will tell you that. It is more complete and accurate
than any list, I have seen to date

merlin

sarah

"Akatosh Dragon" <games@danprofit.com> wrote in message

> You will get a better result if you accept to collect the
> lists yourself. I can recommend Deslock's tutorial
> on gamespot.com.

The problem with Desslock's tutorial is that it's a pain to print.

Anyway, I did a little fishing around today and found the following on
GameFaqs.

List of books:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/morrowind_book_b.txt

List of locations:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/morrowind_locations.txt

I'm not sure if the locations list is comprehensive, but it's certainly a
good start.

Jonathan Ellis apparently said,on my timestamp of 22/06/2004 10:09 AM:

> Is there, anywhere, a list of all the Morrowind locations such as...
>
> daedric shrines
> dwemer shrines
> caves
> underwater grottoes
> ancestral tombs
> mines (egg, ebony, glass, etc)

http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/gameguides/all/morrowind/index.html

but there used to be a better one, mostly text.
Unfortunately, I lost its url when I upgraded...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

In article <cb7tcl$7t0$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk>, jonathan@franz-
liszt.freeserve.co.uk says...
> Is there, anywhere, a list of all the Morrowind locations such as...
>
> daedric shrines
> dwemer shrines
> caves
> underwater grottoes
> ancestral tombs
> mines (egg, ebony, glass, etc)
>
> ?
>
> Jonathan.

Not exactly a LIST:

http://www.buttersky.com/morrowind/#ebony_mail

but more in the way of a guide with directions on how to get there.

There is also a downloadable interactive map that will focus on any
location that you care to pick off a drop-down combo box ( I guess you
could use the box as a 'list').

Not much help, but maybe some .... -Peter

Peter Huebner apparently said,on my timestamp of 22/06/2004 9:28 PM:

> Not exactly a LIST:
>
> http://www.buttersky.com/morrowind/#ebony_mail
>
> but more in the way of a guide with directions on how to get there.

THAT's the one I've been looking for! Thanx a million.

--

"Sarah" <scrubbrush@DELrogers.comDEL> wrote in message
> "Akatosh Dragon" <games@danprofit.com> wrote in message
>
> > You will get a better result if you accept to collect the
> > lists yourself. I can recommend Desslock's tutorial
> > on gamespot.com.
>
> The problem with Desslock's tutorial is that it's a pain to print.

I recently found a post on the mwsource.com forums, which *did* do a
comprehensive list of locations, but it had several errors. Since then
I've compared it with Desslock's guide, correlated them together
(comparing also with an in-game map), added in the Ashlander camps to
the list (which did not contain them, only Desslock's tutorial did),
corrected any errors that exist (mostly confusion between East and West
directions) and produced a full list in .rtf format... now if anybody
knows of a place to post it?

Jonathan.

Jonathan Ellis wrote:

> "Sarah" <scrubbrush@DELrogers.comDEL> wrote in message
>
>>"Akatosh Dragon" <games@danprofit.com> wrote in message
>>

>>> You will get a better result if you accept to collect the
>>> lists yourself. I can recommend Desslock's tutorial
>>> on gamespot.com.
>>
>>The problem with Desslock's tutorial is that it's a pain to print.
>

> I recently found a post on the mwsource.com forums, which *did* do a
> comprehensive list of locations, but it had several errors. Since then
> I've compared it with Desslock's guide, correlated them together
> (comparing also with an in-game map), added in the Ashlander camps to
> the list (which did not contain them, only Desslock's tutorial did),
> corrected any errors that exist (mostly confusion between East and West
> directions) and produced a full list in .rtf format... now if anybody
> knows of a place to post it?
>
> Jonathan.

You can always open up the construction kit and print out a list of
locations. Messy, but very complete.

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

>Subject: List of Morrowind locations...
>From: "Jonathan Ellis" jonathan@franz-liszt.freeserve.co.uk
>Date: 22.06.04 02:09 (MEZ) - Mitteleurop. Sommerzeit
>
>Is there, anywhere, a list of all the Morrowind locations such as...
>
>daedric shrines
>dwemer shrines
>caves
>underwater grottoes
>ancestral tombs
>mines (egg, ebony, glass, etc)
>
>?
>
>Jonathan.

Look in the Editor.

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

Jonathan Ellis, you know who I am. But you don't...know why...I'm here.

> "Sarah" <scrubbrush@DELrogers.comDEL> wrote in message
>> "Akatosh Dragon" <games@danprofit.com> wrote in message
>>
>> > You will get a better result if you accept to collect the
>> > lists yourself. I can recommend Desslock's tutorial
>> > on gamespot.com.
>>
>> The problem with Desslock's tutorial is that it's a pain to print.
>
> I recently found a post on the mwsource.com forums, which *did* do a
> comprehensive list of locations, but it had several errors. Since then
> I've compared it with Desslock's guide, correlated them together
> (comparing also with an in-game map), added in the Ashlander camps to
> the list (which did not contain them, only Desslock's tutorial did),
> corrected any errors that exist (mostly confusion between East and West
> directions) and produced a full list in .rtf format... now if anybody
> knows of a place to post it?
>
> Jonathan.

Hi, Jonathan.

As you might have noted in other threads, I have created a little tool
that I have christened the ESDB - Elder Scrolls Data Base - at
lowgenius.com.

The purpose of this database is to create a community-produced omnibus
'encyclopedia' of the Elder Scrolls game world - this includes, of
course, anything concerning Morrowind, but I'm also hoping to get
historical information about Tamriel/Nim, and information about ARena,
Daggerfall, and the other ES games, past and future, into the DB.

Of course, this requires a great deal of input from people other than
myself - I'm a database and web designer, data *entry* is something I
loathe :p

I have a few volunteers already who are working on inputting data, but
the engine has only been online for a couple of days, and there are still
a few shortcomings (for instance, there's not much in the way of
navigation). I'll be fixing this over the next few days, but the engine
IS in place and you CAN use it right this minute.

I have NOT put the ESDB on putlic display yet, because it's almost
completely empty. Still, it sounds like the information you have
collected/collated is just the type of thing I'm hoping to include here.
I would only ask that, if you are using information that has been
*directly copied* from existing documents, that you secure the permission
of the original authors and be sure to credit them. (I would also prefer
that, rather than just copying and pasting, you do your own writing, but
I understand that this might not be practical with a large body of
information such as you have described.)

There is also a space within the ESDB for contributors to add links to
various sites.

You'll need to register and then log in to contribute; you can find more
information at the ESDB home page,
http://www.lowgenius.com/games/mwind/faq

If this thing gets big enough, eventually I'll buy a domain for it.

It will help if you have a good grasp of basic HTML, but the ReadMe file
(you'll find a link when you log in) will cover the most basic things
you'll need to knwo, and I'm always available via e-mail if you need any
help.

--
John Henry
www.lowgenius.com