HELP! K7M 1.04 and Windows 2000 Pro!

Dantin1

Distinguished
May 7, 2001
I'm new at this operating system and heres my prob. I boot normally and I get the dreaded Blue Screen of death with info that follows:
***STOP: 0x000000BE (0x8052A66A, 0x0052A121, 0xBFA87F9C, 0x0000000B)
An Attempt was made to write to read-only memory. This driver may be at fault:s3sav2km.sys

***ADDRESS: 8052A66A base at 80400000, Datestamp 39760637 - ntoskrnl.exe

Heres what I have. 128 Megs of ram running my virtual memory at 192MB. I have installed the AMD751 latest drivers that come with the 4in1 driver package. Minus the installation of the AGP because the only VIA chipset I have is that 686A series. I also installed AMD's 751 Mini Port Driver for Windows 2000. All drivers I got are Windows 2000. In addition to that I installed the win2k Registry setting for AMD AGP. Now after doing all that. I started getting that dang Blue screen and I have to boot into VGA MODE under the advanced start-up. Uggg.. Evil I say. Other than that I have everything else updated also. I guess my question is.

How can I remove the Registry Key for AMD AGP? And the AMD Mini-Port Driver? These were both listed as win2k files so I snagged em and installed them now I'm paying for it. Should I just re-install the operating system. I'm really really scratching my head on this one. I would like to upgrade to a 133 Mhz Bus Motherboard but I'm low on funds. I'm also getting a CAS2 PC-133 128MB DIMM for it also to see if this helps with paging issues. Well thanks in advance for the info. Gotta do some research meanwhile.

Dantin

G

the error (s3sav2km.sys) seems for sure a graphics fault for a S3Virge Card.
Boot in safe mode, and if u can't remove these through the software panel, go to My Computer, right Click, properties, hardware, device manager, and look these things up - and try to remove them and reboot. Probably Win2K will install it's older drivers (in WinXP you'll get the ability to rollback if a driver screws up...)

Dantin1

Distinguished
May 7, 2001
Well the problem didn't start until I installed the Mini-Port driver or the Registry entry. Or even the AMD 751 Chipset drivers for win2k. I can't remember which. I had a response from another guy and he said that the mini-port driver did it to him. Does anyone know how to uninstall this mini-port driver so I can narrow down the possibility's?

I also have some info on how to make a emergency boot disk for Win2k but the dang thing just boots you to Win2k on your HDD.. LOL uggg...

Needed that so I can remove the drivers completely. Keep getting cannot delete folder due to a file still in use. arrggg..

Dantin