Which console should I buy right now?

G

Hi! Everyone

I'm a PC gamer and never try to buy a Console for my gaming.But now I think its important for me to buy a console because there are many games will come in last of 2011 like DMC (one of my favorite) etc.So i make my mind to buy a console and i'm confused in XBOX 360 and PS3.I don't know which one is best from the aspect of hardware and graphics.

I have one question also,are these consoles haves graphics quality like PC,means we're using high end graphics card for got extreme graphics are they support external GPUs or anything else.I'm playing my games on large display (32" and 40"),are they idle for large display.

Please suggest me,which console should i buy?

heggzor

Distinguished
May 31, 2011
hardware doesnt say that much about the consoles anymore.

think about recent news about the ps3 with all the hacking and whatnot.

the biggest decider should be wether your friend is on xbox or ps3.

exclusive titles is also a big thing and should be the biggest.

hope this helps deciding.

(sorry for bad grammar)

G

If i couldn't got great graphics then i think its just useless.

I have no many friends but i'm using windows live services.

Yes exclusive titles,and i think its goes into the favour of XBOX.

1. no, the consoles cannot match a gaming PC in graphics quality
2. consoles do not have a possibility of installing an external GPU
3. consoles do support HDTVs via HDMI/DVI ports
4. you are correct in the fact that a console will have hard time matching pc graphics on high settings, however, consoles aren't useless because of that

that said, see which games you like, and buy the console that got the most games you like, don't look at hardware, it's pointless.

also, what heggzor meant is that if you plan to play online games on your console, consider which consoles your friends are using, so you can play with them (if you have xbox and ur friend have ps you won't be able to play toghether online via consoles)

DMPollitt

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
Although I believe PS3 has the better graphics like the other posters have mentioned it really shouldn't be the deciding factor. The PSN did get hacked recently however it is a free service where to play games over Xbox Live it costs between $8-$12 per month. Funnily enough I am the opposite in that I was an Xbox 360 exclusive gamer and have just recently sold it in favor of upgrading my PC :)

ulysses35

Distinguished
Dont shoot me.... but i actually prefer gaming on a console (PS3) - no issues with drivers etc.

Sure Sony got hacked recently and xbox live has in the past too, and recently there have been lots of other non gaming companies reporting hacker actvity

Xbox has a bigger games library, but is a slightly older machine and of course there is the annual subscription to pay for xbox live. Also MS likes you to buy one of their hard drives if ever you want to upgrade so if space is an issue start with a bigger spec Xbox from the offset.

PS3 has blu-ray - so you can watch HD movies from blu-ray discs, and has no annual compulsory subscription fee. HDD's are standard laptop units and can be swapped as and when you like for £30-40. The online community does get some abuse from some people about being not as good as xbox live - to be honest I have played both and the differences are negligble.

Wii.... if you a serious game then there is no real point looking at buying one.

One final thought.... I read somewhere the other day about xbox 720 - this wont be out for a while yet.... but its worth bearing in mind

G

What? XBOX is not have a blu-ray.

Please tell me more about Wii,its better than PS3 and XBoX 360.

Yes,XBOX 720 is also in news but its just teaser comes in next E3(2012).So i think its too late.

G

Hey guys Please suggest me which version of XBOX 360,PS3 and Wii is now available in market.
Please also tell me which accessories and upgrades are essentials,and which extra things should i buy for great gaming experience.

DMPollitt

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
Xbox definitely does not have blu-ray.

You mentioned previously that you wanted good quality graphics, if so then don't go for the Wii, it looks terrible and the games are in my opinion generally for kids.

If you are looking for at an Xbox 360 go for the slim model that comes with a 250GB hdd (more than you need) and in some cases with a kinect peripheral. Unfortunately I'm not sure about the latest PS3 consoles.

The Xbox 360 slim comes with everything you need from the get go including built in wireless, a wireless controller and a headset. If you want to get serious I recommend picking up a third party headset though as the supplied one is not that great.

Good luck!

G

Ok thanks,i'll not buy wii.

And XBOX 360 not haves blu-ray,so can it gives high quality graphics?

What about PS3,as you say in your previous thread it delivers high graphics.Since it gives high graphic quality so i think its good for me or not? Yes PS3 not haves much exclusive titles.

I always buy high quality accessories for gaming so obviously i'm going for best.I have sennhiser's 333D headphones,is it support console?

Mobedda

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
In regards to your "exclusive titles"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: PlayStation_3-only_games
(ha, the :&P turned the middle of the my link into a tongue, just delete the space in front of PlayStation and paste)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox_360-only_games

PS3 Has blu-ray, free online play, and IMO better graphics.

360 has a larger fan base/online community, yearly subscription for Xbox Live, and more annoying children playing music b/w Black Op maps :)

Hope this helps.

DMPollitt

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
@ Mobedda
lol at kids playing music with black ops, its funny because its true.

Unfortunately, no, your sennheisers will not support 360 you need specific ones for live chat, too bad to they give beautiful sound.

From all of this I think the PS3 is for you, its too hard choosing purely on what console has what exclusive titles.

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
you can get good quality graphics on xbox (ive been told but im sceptic)

you have to keep swapping disks in some games, its confusng when you have friends who have xbox and say ive just completed the 2nd disk

with ps3 any bluetooth headphones will work

G

How i can get high graphics with XBOX as compare to PS3?
Please explain.