Best Configs Return, Powered By Tom's Hardware Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misdissident

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Awesome idea, but just a gripe... When I think of "budget" PCs, I don't really think of a $1000 "budget"... more like a 600 dollar "budget" :p

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]misdissident[/nom]Awesome idea, but just a gripe... When I think of "budget" PCs, I don't really think of a $1000 "budget"... more like a 600 dollar "budget"[/citation]

There's a good chance that we'll keep the top picks in the budget categories limited to $500 or so. If we need to adjust down the limit on the forum threads, that's the route we'll go! I'm with you--budget feels like something not much pricier than a gaming console.

tgsa

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
I like the idea, it'll be good to see what comes out. Now to hear the gripes about people and their different definitions of budget!

Hope we'll get some good feedback!

NeeKo

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
I know this is a USA site, but just 40% of the visitors are american, the rest of the world has waaaay different prices (A lot more expensive tbh), so even though these things are nice it would be nice to see them on other countries maybe? Idk, with 1000 usd you barely make a C2D machine in my country.

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]NeeKo[/nom]I know this is a USA site, but just 40% of the visitors are american, the rest of the world has waaaay different prices (A lot more expensive tbh), so even though these things are nice it would be nice to see them on other countries maybe? Idk, with 1000 usd you barely make a C2D machine in my country.[/citation]

Where are you from NeeKo? One of our strengths is the fact that there are localized versions of Tom's for Germany, France, Italy, Russian, Finland, Turkey, etc.--if this is something you'd like to see in another country, I can make the managing editor of that location aware, and possibly bring you something similar, tailored to your native currency!

Regards,
Chris

Mark Heath

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
I think it'd be better if you used a master sticky with links to all the configs, instead of having 9 stickies clogging things up.

Great idea though.

nxym

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
Bang Bang Bang

This Summer........

BAM!!!!

TOMSHARDWARE considered the comments.............

"Git OUTTA HERE NOW"

bft bft bft

Of Best Confiqs

[$ 4M EXPLOSION]

"I said Git OUTTA HERE NOW"

AND TODAY

THE BEST CONFIQS.......

[Blood Splattering Everywhere]

R-E-T-U-R-N-E-S

31 August 2010

[The credits & copyright stuff]

G

This seems like a great idea. Hopefully people post real world results too.
I would love to see a graphics orientated build eventually. (Perhaps a mid and high level build: Photography-Photoshop/Lightroom, and 3D/Video editing).

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]akwm[/nom]This seems like a great idea. Hopefully people post real world results too.I would love to see a graphics orientated build eventually. (Perhaps a mid and high level build: Photography-Photoshop/Lightroom, and 3D/Video editing).[/citation]

How would you envision something like that differing from say, a more general-purpose workstation?

NeeKo

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
[citation][nom]cangelini[/nom]Where are you from NeeKo? One of our strengths is the fact that there are localized versions of Tom's for Germany, France, Italy, Russian, Finland, Turkey, etc.--if this is something you'd like to see in another country, I can make the managing editor of that location aware, and possibly bring you something similar, tailored to your native currency!Regards,Chris[/citation]

I am from South America, to be more specific Uruguay.
Just to give you a hint i7 930 here cost USD 349+Taxes (Which is 22% btw).
Besides than that, we have very little choices.. just 5-6 places to buy and not much to choose from so I really doubt anyone would like to see one of these from here haha, I was just pointing out the fact that a 1000usd machine isnt the same everywhere :) .

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
[citation][nom]cangelini[/nom]Where are you from NeeKo? One of our strengths is the fact that there are localized versions of Tom's for Germany, France, Italy, Russian, Finland, Turkey, etc.--if this is something you'd like to see in another country, I can make the managing editor of that location aware, and possibly bring you something similar, tailored to your native currency!Regards,Chris[/citation]
I'm in Iraq! No tom's for middle East! And prices here are insane :(
[citation][nom]NeeKo[/nom]Just to give you a hint i7 930 here cost USD 349+Taxes ... we have very little choices.. just 5-6 places to buy and not much to choose from ...[/citation]
Same suffering here dude! Most of the time I wait for my brother's next trip to China to get the things people in my country only hear of or read about, and never are able to get their hands on.. But this has many drawbacks..The last mobo I bought from China (ASUS P6X58D Premium) costed ~430 USD and it died after half an hour of operation! :(

Trizomik

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2007
Wouldn't it be nice to see some of these builds to be put on benchmark to see who's getting the best raw power? :)

my 2 cents

NotYetRated

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
woohoo. This is just what people need to help them build optimal systems to fit their needs. I used sites like this all the time on my first few builds, and even now to keep up on current hardware and performance graphs.

Status
Not open for further replies.