MW: Public Stash

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

I'm wondering what the best place to stash excess loots is.
Strongholds are obvious. Due to its possibly remote location
though, aside from Hlaalu's one, this might not be all that
convenient. I've been using crates around Balmora trading district
as my stash. These crates appear to be unique in the sense that
there is no apparent owner assigned to them. So, you can pull
items out without having the guard trying to arrest you for theft.

I've had problem stashing items in outdoor crates elsewhere. I
think around Vivec foreign quarter, this seems to work just
fine. But in most other cities, putting your stuff in crates and
later pulling them out risk getting you arrest for theft. I know
that stuff left on the ground, stays on the ground. But it's a bit
inconvenient to pick them up on at a time.

Is there sure-way to tell which containers are unused? Aside from
dropping items in and pulling them out and see if the guard is
called?

Later...

sarah

"K. Laisathit" <kirati_lai@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I'm wondering what the best place to stash excess loots is.

I usually stash excess loot wherever I tend to sleep, so a popular spot with
me is the Balmora Mage's Guild bedroom if I belong to the MG, the Balmora
Fighter's Guild bedroom if I belong to the FG, the Balmora Temple bedroom,
if I belong to the temple, and if for some reason I don't belong to any of
those, I stash loot in Caius' house. I never use containers until I get my
stronghold. Anyway, that's what I do.

"Sarah" <scrubbrush@DELrogers.comDEL> wrote in message

> those, I stash loot in Caius' house. I never use containers until I get
my
> stronghold. Anyway, that's what I do.

I can't move in Caius' house for the junk I've left there. I did leave a
load of stuff in a sexy ladies house in Pelgaid (Rakeesh?) and in my Balmora
stronghold but they're a bit of out the way to keep on dropping in to pick
up/leave stuff.
As long as I'm here, do you think you lot could do me a favour. My band,
Turbo Shandy, have been included in July's 'Artist of the Month' competition
on http://www.WelshUnsigned.com could you vote for Turbo Shandy by clicking
on 'Vote Artist' on the top navigation bar, cheers. You've got until 31st
July 2004. We're currently in third. I won't for get you guys when I'm rich
and famous.

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

In article <29fffc6e.0407020021.5c005cb0@posting.google.com>,
K. Laisathit <kirati_lai@hotmail.com> wrote:
> convenient. I've been using crates around Balmora trading district
> as my stash. These crates appear to be unique in the sense that

Bad idea. Those crates might respawn -- after some period of game
time, you may come back to find them full of empty bottles, redware
plates and kwama eggs.

Your best bet is to download one of the housing mods that has lots of
internal storage. "Abandoned Tower" is a good choice for Balmora; it
doesn't add any conflicting quest elements to the game and fits in
well with the Balmora landscape.

Rick R.

seraphim

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

kirati_lai@hotmail.com (K. Laisathit) wrote in

> Is there sure-way to tell which containers are unused? Aside from
> dropping items in and pulling them out and see if the guard is
> called?

If you have a PC you can go into the console and enter 'tfh' which
will cause the owners, access restrictions (eg it might give a faction
and rank which means you can only use it if your at or above that rank)
and any scripts on an object to display when the name pops up. This means
that you can tell who owns a crate or box or whatever.

SP

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

Do all the crates respawn? Even the ones in the Balmora fighters guild
bedroom?

In article <40e5ac08$0$26960$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com>,
SP <*delete*atdk07@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> Do all the crates respawn? Even the ones in the Balmora fighters guild
> bedroom?

Probably not, but you need to look it up in the editor to know for
sure.

That's why you don't want to use a smuggler's cave as a home
base. Although there are some nice ones in the game.

Rick R.

rickr@is.rice.edu (Rick Russell) writes:

> Your best bet is to download one of the housing mods that has lots of
> internal storage.

I downloaded one, and then modified it somewhat and changed its
location, and used that as my base. You can easily make your own
without too much trouble. The problem I saw with a lot of housing mods
is that they include too many cheats. Ie, they have trainers in the
basement, full value shopkeepers, lots of loot, etc. The only "cheat"
I had was that I increased the capacity of the containers.

I think I had a couple chests, one wardrobe, a table, some book
shelves, and a bed. I left lots of equipment lying on the bed, floor,
or shelves. The table I used to keep paper documents and such.
So if you make your own house, you really don't need to do a lot.

A useful thing to do is put your recall in your "home", so that it
doesn't matter too much if it's far away from cities (recall home,
then intervention to get to a temple, then a quick jog to the boat or
siltstrider).

Of course, you could be unconventional too. Take over a smuggler's
cave (ie, the one near the Seyda Need siltstrider). Or take over a
sunken ship or daedric shrine.

--
Darin Johnson
Support your right to own gnus.

"Darin Johnson" <darin_@_usa_._net> skrev i en meddelelse
> rickr@is.rice.edu (Rick Russell) writes:
>
> > Your best bet is to download one of the housing mods that has lots of
> > internal storage.
>
> I downloaded one, and then modified it somewhat and changed its
> location, and used that as my base. You can easily make your own
> without too much trouble. The problem I saw with a lot of housing mods
> is that they include too many cheats. Ie, they have trainers in the
> basement, full value shopkeepers, lots of loot, etc. The only "cheat"
> I had was that I increased the capacity of the containers.
>
> I think I had a couple chests, one wardrobe, a table, some book
> shelves, and a bed. I left lots of equipment lying on the bed, floor,
> or shelves. The table I used to keep paper documents and such.
> So if you make your own house, you really don't need to do a lot.
>
> A useful thing to do is put your recall in your "home", so that it
> doesn't matter too much if it's far away from cities (recall home,
> then intervention to get to a temple, then a quick jog to the boat or
> siltstrider).
>
> Of course, you could be unconventional too. Take over a smuggler's
> cave (ie, the one near the Seyda Need siltstrider). Or take over a
> sunken ship or daedric shrine.
>
> --
> Darin Johnson
> Support your right to own gnus.

Despite the fact, that you don't like to stash your stuff
in the open, it is still your best option. It will free you
from worrying about respawning containers.
the console command 'tfh' (toggles full help) will
tell you if a container or anything else has an owner
and who that is.
The simplest way to check for safe containers is
the use of the editor. Most un-named containers
are clones. (the count tell you how many there are
total in the game)
if a container according to the editor is empty,
it is safe to use. If it contains levelled items or
the items has a negative count, they are not

The best housing mods IMO are the ones by
morrowind abode (Your balmora, vivec, suran,
dagon fell- or gnisis residence. None of them has
any cheats, and they are fairly simple.

But the smuggler's cave in SN and the one a small
distance after the falling mage towards the Odai
river hasn't caused me any problems so far

merlin

K. Laisathit wrote:

> I'm wondering what the best place to stash excess loots is.
> Strongholds are obvious. Due to its possibly remote location
> though, aside from Hlaalu's one, this might not be all that
> convenient. I've been using crates around Balmora trading district
> as my stash. These crates appear to be unique in the sense that
> there is no apparent owner assigned to them. So, you can pull
> items out without having the guard trying to arrest you for theft.
>
> I've had problem stashing items in outdoor crates elsewhere. I
> think around Vivec foreign quarter, this seems to work just
> fine. But in most other cities, putting your stuff in crates and
> later pulling them out risk getting you arrest for theft. I know
> that stuff left on the ground, stays on the ground. But it's a bit
> inconvenient to pick them up on at a time.
>
> Is there sure-way to tell which containers are unused? Aside from
> dropping items in and pulling them out and see if the guard is
> called?
>
> Later...

After 250 game days, the containers in Balmora have not respawned. I've
still go everything.

As for housing mods, I skipped all of them. I designed my own museum,
complete with different themed sections for different equipment, and
stocked it with display mannequins.

CH