About Windows XP

lrmv

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm interested in installing Windows XP on my A7V based system. I read that XP cannot coexist with other Windows operating systems on a PC, so it would be the one singe OS installed. Before I start, I'd like to know how it will behave on my PC. Will all hardware be detected (like the Promise controller)? How stable will it be (I will have to run my HomeBanking software on it, so I'd like it to be stable enough...) etc...

Anyone here already have some experiences with the (beta) OS?
Thanks in advance.

<i><font color=purple>Running within specs is the key to a stable computer!</font color=purple></i>
<font color=red>LRMV</font color=red>

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
I installed it (Beta 1) on a PC here at work a while back. It was a Dell Optiplex GX1, admittedly an older box. Install went without a hitch. User interface is a little snazzier (kinda reminds me of Motif in a way) but you can revert back to the old style if necessary. Other than that it's not much different than W2K "over the hood" so to speak.

AFA stability, I haven't had any crashes/lockups with it. Can't say as I've really pounded on it all that much. I'm guessing here, but I imagine most if not all of your W2K drivers will work with it.

Good luck.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>