Worst Game of the Year, so far

wooodoggies

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011
This is a hard decision, between Brink and Duke Nukem.

Duke is such a HUGE letdown its hard to even describe. They put so much effort in trying to make it sexually explicit, they forgot to make a game. And people wonder why every developer dropped it, once they saw what had been done you would have a gotten a "Don't call us, we'll call you" from me as well.

Brink on the other hand, Never would i ever have thought id would think making leaps backward would make a good game. Its hard to comprehend the ridiculousness of this game. 15 headshots to kill? Really id? We are not all 12 yr olds.

I'm gonna go with brink. The combat system is just so GD retarded it really needs attention called to it.

No one really expected duke to be that impressive, but we did expect it to be fun.

DMPollitt

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
Between Brink and Duke I think Duke was the worst, if I want to play a platformer I would still be playing enslaved, for the amount of development time Duke has a tonne of filler.

Those two games don't compare to the suck that is Fable 3 *sigh*

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
The only thing I liked about Duke Nukem was listening to the things Duke said while playing with my crap in the showers. That was pretty EPIC. Everything else in the game should have been kept in the Duke Nukem archive never to be released.

So yes, my vote def goes to Duke. They should have made a Chuck Norris game instead.

copnas

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011

I argree with you. I played both and my vote for the worst ever goes to Duke.

rocky41

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
If it is between Brink and Duke then i think Brink is the worst one. It doesn't had story or anything and the game was just made for the multiplayer platform similar to another worst game like it "The Club". Duke was better than Brink atleast and sometime you have to battle hard to stay alive in duke and gets a little better later.

I have to add Call Of Juarez: The Cartel name in this list. The game sucked really bad. Looking into what the had with Bound in Blood they lost everything here. So this is a strong contender for worst game of the year.

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

Oh no... not Diablo III! Please, they've spent an awful lot of years developing it and the most "amazing" thing they could come up with was the real money auction house. Oh wait, why am I surprised, we're talking about Blizzard here.

takk

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
I'm fiffy on diablo 3, the graphics is a big let down. Hopefully, they will go with the same route as they did with starcraft 1 lols, but probably not. I still have hope for it though, if they decided to bring my necro :DDDDD

I have played both duke and brink, but brink is definitely the worse of the both evils.

hunter387

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
Didn't play many games this year but I got a really good contender for next year as well. In fact I think this game may be 2012 in disguise. It brings a boil to my piss just thinking about this catastrophe. It sucked as soon as the trailer came out. Its the biggest abomination my eyes have ever witnessed. The horrid scars of it are burned into my retina.

Brothers in Arms: furious 4.

Ubisoft took my favorite franchise, and raped it. They actually raped it.

Patrickoby1

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011

Lol fable is my choice

I know it came out in 2010 for consoles, but I guess it counts in this list cuz the PC game came out in 2011, but I thought that Fable 3 was terrible, the game felt like a hassle just to do anything. There is barely anything to do with karma until the end of the game, and the overall game play was terrible. Every time that I played the game I would get a headache and the only reason I finished it was because I bought it for the overpriced $69.99 and didn't want that to go to waste.

At times I would feel like playing Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing instead of Fable 3 :)

zaskar36

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
Duke Nukem hands down. Although, I don't think the game after how many decades would've
1) lived up to how many decades of hype
2) could have stood the test of time. The main character was based on all the action movie star archetypes from the 80's: Arnold, Stallone, Norris...all of which mean nothing to this generation's pop culture.

NoUserBar

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Well actually, if they gave him a cowboy hat and made him round house kick enemies when not equipped with a weapon it might have been better.. Roundhouse kick to death, like when bitch-slapping to death in GoldenEye.

(chuck norris is still around in made up joke form lol)

I haven't played any of those games but, I once went to what I thought was a spin-off website where they literally had a mini-game based off Nuke where the ladies stripped to full nude. ( I think anyway they had pics beforehand of them semi Nude)

I thought it was a spam spin off site, I didn't know it was the real thing.

jamesvini

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
I loved duke! Hear that haters I loved it.
"we dont care!" i hear you say well i'm glad you asked and i'll tell you why I loved it.
It was the very essence of what Duke3d.exe was...Ridiculous
From the stupid dick jokes to slapping weird alien boobies it was all Duke.
It was not so much a game more of a string of cinematics and quick-time events that said "yeah thats totally what duke would do in that situation"

It was going to be very hard after that period of time to make a game that was so hyped up, loved and often quoted. If you went in to the game saying to your self "Ok what has this steroid pumping bastard gonna do in this installment" then you would have enjoyed it more.
But if you were looking for the cutting edge of gaming innovation, story mechanics and real-time quantum physics bit-mapping then a game where a guy gets a blowjob in the trailer is not for you.

Back on topic I thought Arma II was terrible.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

We can only dream of a day and age when Crysis 2 would be considered the worst game released in a year. =(((

heids24

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
Contrary to popular opinion, I actually enjoyed Brink. It grew on me the more I played it and uncovered the layer of tactical gameplay that takes many hours to unlock. This was their biggest error (other than crashing issues at launch). The game is much deeper than many realize, it just took too much time to find that out. By then much of the community had moved on. At least it was an original idea...unlike a game called MW, I mean WaW, I mean MW2, I mean BLOPS, I mean MW3.