Wireless router as access point?

I have 2 wireless routers, one is a d-link di514 and the other is a
belkin. I want to set up the d-link to be my main router, and have
the belkin be an access point in another room. Can I do this without
physically connecting the 2 routers via cat5? I put both routers on
the same SSID and channel, and disabled DHCP on the belkin. But I
can't seem to get the belkin to talk to the dlink without a cable.

Thanks in advance.

Matt McCracken wrote:

> I have 2 wireless routers, one is a d-link di514 and the other is a
> belkin. I want to set up the d-link to be my main router, and have
> the belkin be an access point in another room. Can I do this without
> physically connecting the 2 routers via cat5?

No, you cannot do it. You need to connect the two routers with a Cat 5 cable
LAN port to LAN port and enable the DHCP server on the non-gateway router
making it a wire/wireless switch AP.

Duane :)