Need some help guys...please

G

ok i have a logitech ff joystick....and i want to use it but it can only hook to the pc via usb or serieal port. and ive got it hooked up but did not install the drivers yet....windows already sees it....but the problem is that i looked around in my pc for a few....come to find out the joystick is on irq 10.....which is the same as my sblive sound card irq10 i have a ecs mainboard with via kta133a chipset. and i have herd so many horror stories aboout the sb live and kt133a and sofar my system has been rock stable this is as it is pumping out better louder sound than on my old p3 550 BX chipset board from assus.
well anyhow if u guys know how i can fix this or if it will be safe to install the joystick w/o chanign anyhitng let me know thnx.

David

rbertino

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2001
My advice would be to go ahead and hook it up and see if any problems arise. If not, then don't worry about it. If it does cause some problems, then you can look at possibly changing IRQ's and maybe disabling your COM or LPT ports (depending on if you use them or not) to free up some IRQ's.
By the way, just for info, which OS do you use?

<i>I don't know anything about computers... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night...</i> :lol:

shuke

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
Try set it up manually. Choose "select from list" then choose "game controller". You then direct to the location where your the driver is residing.

Hope this will help.

It don't come easy.......not always.