Need FDISK help

G

What do I have to do to FDISK to NTFS? Win2K statup disks never even offer an FDISK as far as I can tell and Win98 only allows fat32 or 'unknown' (fat16?). I thought FDISK and format were going to be the easiest part of this project!

I'm sure this is related: I hit F6 during Win2K statup to have it prompt me for the Tekram SCSI adaptor driver. I've recreated this driver disk umpteen times and each time Win2K gives me an error reading it. Something like 'error in blahblahblah.INF file"( I forget exactly which INF), or "setuptxt.oem not found".

Since I can't install the Tekram driver I inevitably get "No hardrive detected" if I proceed with the Win2K setup.

I expected this: FDISK (choose NTFS), format c:/s then Win2K setup (adding the Tekram driver during setup), then...POOF! Desktop.

Any input will be most appreciated
-Wulfgang

K7 Master
1.333 Athlon w/WBK w/YS Tech fan
IBM Ultrastar 18.3gig U160 SCSI HDD
Tekram DC-390U3W SCSI card
Fire GL2 64MB Graphics
512 Crucial non-everything
ASUS 50x cdrom
Plextor 12/10/32 cdrw
Soundblaster live value
Soundworks Digital speakers
Lian Li PC60 w/300w power +5vsb=2.0a
IBM Stealth Black P260 21" monitor
IBM Stealth Black keyboard
MS optical mouse
FLX 3003 spaceball

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<b>What do I have to do to FDISK to NTFS? Win2K statup disks never even offer an FDISK as far as I can tell and Win98 only allows fat32 or 'unknown' (fat16?). I thought FDISK and format were going to be the easiest part of this project!</b>
You mean you want to <b>Format</b> it to <b>NTFS</b> (not <b>FDisk</b>)? Continue with your Win2000 Setup and it will offer you choosing between FAT32 or NTFS format along the way.
For Tekram SCSI controller is not a big deal. You can install it later after you're done installing Win2000 (I did that way with my Tekram DC-390U2W).

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

G

Could it be that windows don’t find the hdd? And therefore cant format.
Try download the driver again and unzip it to a diskette. (if it’s Ziped)
I had the same problem with my raid card. I had to take the cd out when reading A: as well.
I hope I offered some help.

/e.