Gaming headset for X-Fi XtremeGamer

vromanowski

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008
I need help finding a new headset!

Most of the "best gaming headsets" and other searches I've done list only USB headsets which would be a waste of money since I have a nice sound card (X-Fi XtremeGamer).

So, can you guys help me decide upon a nice set, I'm looking for one that has nice directional sound, although I read that is mainly a sound card thing, is that right?

I have gone through 4 pairs of Sennheiser PC 151's over the years but I want to try something different. I almost picked up the Corsair HS1A's when I was at Fry's but I figured I'd get some more information/opinions first. I was also looking at the fatal1ty MKII's

Money-wise, I'd prefer it be under $100

thanks!!!!

thing is the stenhiesers are actualy cheaper than the Carcharias and there better built...
the razer orca are basicaly Carcharias without the mic, and slightly more range. they sound pretty good and at 60 bux pretty cheap. but again i question build quality.
a m8 of mine had the Carcharias and dropped them from table hight on to carpet. they broke. part of the plastic housing that holds the earphone broke off by the screw. not really what you would expect from a $90 headset. the plastic they make them with is very brittle.