Best Mainboard for Celeron 800A

G

Hi!

I want to buy a Celeron 800A processor (100 MHz FSB) and I need to know what is the best mainboard for this processor.. I think the i815E chipset is cool for it, but I don't know which brand is the best for it's price (I'm thinking about ASUS, EPOX and ABIT mainboards).

Sorry for the spelling misstakes....

Nemesa

rbertino

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2001
I think most of the people on this board would agree, when I say Asus CUSL2. I have one myself, great board, easy to setup will never give you any problems. Even with Windows 98SE, I only reboot once a week...

<i>I don't know anything about computers... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night...</i> :lol:

G

I know that CUSL2 is a great mainboard, but it's quite expensive... The CUSL2-C is cheaper but i don't know the difference between the two board...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The best board for the money is the Asus CUSL2-C

But the Cleron 800A is a CRAPPY performer. Better off to get the PIII 700E and overclock it to 933, or, if you prefer not to overclock, the 733. Either of these will outperfrom the Celeron by a VERY LARGE margin for only $20 more (check pricewatch).
If you really want to save money, you can get the Celeron 566 for only $43 and overclock it to 850 easily. Or faster-the CUSL2-C gives you the ability to push them to their max, which is around 980MHz reguardless of stock speed. But if you want performance, go with the PIII with AT LEAST 133 FSB (the 700 at 133 is 933, the 733 comes at 133 stock).

Cast not thine pearls before the swine