ASRock Z77 Extreme4 drivers and utilities (support disk)

Hi, Just got finished with my first complete build (using mix of old and new parts):

i5 3570k
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
ATI 4870
Corsair VX550
Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600
Samsung 830 128GB SSD
Toshiba 1TB 7200RPM HDD
Sony DRX-810UL USB Dual Layer DVD burner

So far everything seems to work fine, but.... The ASRock motherboard comes with a support disk with drivers and utilities. When I click on "install all" I get:

"Access violation at address 00433D27 in module 'ASRSetup.exe.' Read of address 00000008."

Looking on there website I see no updated drivers yet for this board and windows 8. Should I be concerned about this?
5 answers Last reply
More about asrock extreme4 drivers utilities support disk
  1. Enter BIOS on boot up and see if your DVD burner is being recognized. Also, is the DVD drive set up as 1st in boot order?
  2. cmichael138 said:
    Enter BIOS on boot up and see if your DVD burner is being recognized. Also, is the DVD drive set up as 1st in boot order?

In the BIOS/UEFI it is listed and I did set it in the first boot order. I didn't try booting to the disk though, I was only trying to run it so far from within windows. Does this make a difference? (I'm downloading Battlefield 3 right now and the 16GBs are taking a while, so I can't test at the moment.)
  3. Ah, running it in Win7 compatibility mode seems to get it to work (so far...).
  4. I am having the same issues as OP. But I am using Windows 8. I went to asrocks website to download drivers and I don't know which items to download, there are many am I suppose to download all of them?
  5. donx3 said:
    I am having the same issues as OP. But I am using Windows 8. I went to asrocks website to download drivers and I don't know which items to download, there are many am I suppose to download all of them?

If everything is worling properly in Windows 8 I wouldn't bother.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers ASrock Windows 8