Closed

Invalid entries struck in Programs and Functions!

What do you do with entries in the "Programs and Functions" in the control panel, that just refuse to vanish after being uninstalled? :pfff:

In order to install a popular modification for Medieval 2 Total War, called "Third Age Total War 2.0", I wanted to uninstall the previous version by removing all previous patches and the core files as well. So I did just that using the deinstall function, and yet, when I open Programs & Functions from the control panel, I get this:

If I click on it, I get a notification saying "This program will uninstall HundredYearsWar - version 0.9 from your hard drive. Click OK to continue"

Hundred Years War is the another mod I have installed. Even if I successfully uninstall it, I still get the same message when I double click any of the remaining files in the pic above and then it does nothing.

Is there any way to remove these annoying files from the list? By deleting a registry key, for example?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
2 answers Last reply
More about invalid entries struck programs functions
  1. I solved the problem myself using Revo Uninstaller. Consider this thread closed/solved.
  2. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Control Panel Windows 7