Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Metal Gear Solid 4 keeps crashing

Last response: in Video Games
June 22, 2011 6:19:28 AM

Metal Gear Solid 4 for the PS3 keeps crashing at a particular point in the game. It's the part where Naomi Hunter gets kidnapped from the laboratory and you have to follow her footprints to find out where she went. After you locate her and the cutscene where she jumps from a helicopter is finished, the game crashed and the PS3 resets itself. I've tried this 20 times over and the same thing happens every single time.

I cannot finish the game because of this. I am extremely disappointed.....

What could be causing this?
June 22, 2011 8:02:55 AM

Are you using the original disc or a jailbreak copy on the HDD?
m
l
June 22, 2011 7:34:56 PM

it sounds fishy to me, could be a dodgy disk but that is highly unlikely becasue blu-rays are supposed to be harder to scratch/damage than dvd's/cd's
m
l
Related resources
June 24, 2011 6:57:59 AM

shanky887614 said:
it sounds fishy to me, could be a dodgy disk but that is highly unlikely becasue blu-rays are supposed to be harder to scratch/damage than dvd's/cd's

My brother lent it to me, it is the official disk. He got it when the game came out.

He played through the entire game with no problems on the exact same PS3 unit I'm using.
m
l

Best solution

June 24, 2011 4:05:20 PM

Sometimes the game install get corrupted, you have to delete them and reinstall them (don't delete you save files).
June 24, 2011 6:04:20 PM

does the disk have any evident scratches/gashes on it?
How hot does the PS3 get while you game on it? Have you had any problems in other games?

I'm thinking it's trying to address all the available memory and there ends up being a bad sector somewhere that craps out the whole system.
m
l
June 26, 2011 10:17:44 AM

AntiZig said:
does the disk have any evident scratches/gashes on it?
How hot does the PS3 get while you game on it? Have you had any problems in other games?

I'm thinking it's trying to address all the available memory and there ends up being a bad sector somewhere that craps out the whole system.

Nevermind, I reinstalled the game and played it through with no problems.
m
l
June 26, 2011 10:17:53 AM

Best answer selected by ambam.
m
l
!