ASUS...?

G

Hi, I just got a reply from my local ASUS supplier about my faulty P3C2000 (mth reboot issue). They said they can replace it with P3V4X or CUV4X. I am wondering which one is better? (btw I have a PIII 733 and I use SD RAM)

Thanks for your advice
regards
Kirka N.

G

is it a good board? do people seem to have problems with it?

I will have the following in it
network card,
an ASUS AGP V6600,
an SB live platinum,
2 hard drives: 20 and 30 GIG's
and 256 MB of SD-RAM..

thanks again

G

Hmm I will try the only problem is that it was extreemly difficult to find these people as I could not get decent enough support from ASUS itself. Perhaps I shall offer additional sum of money and they will accept the offer... I live in UK and I purchased the mainboard in Belgium and for there is absoulutely no way of contacting the european office and getting them to talk in english to you. Thats just sad.

BGates2B

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I had the same issue, but my 733 was a Slot 1 so I had to use the P3V4X. The CUV4X is Socket 370. I use the board in a small business server and it runs even faster than the P3C2000 did!!! I was skeptical at first because of it being a Via chipset, but it is fine for business use, plus it is a physically smaller board and has more PCI slots. Plus, you don't have that weird SDRAM installation pattern like you did with the P3C2000.

Sooo....if your 733 is Slot 1 like mine, then you really have no choice but to use the P3V4X. The only manufacturer that has the 815 chipset with a Slot 1 package is Abit.