How to "Keep On" Physx in Batman Arkham Asylum?

toiletninja

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2007
slight spoilers

I have a system that can handle this game on max settings (i5 2500k, gtx 560 ti, 8gb). So far I've enjoyed great performance (60+ fps) with physx on high until I got to the first scarecrow level. I've seen physx comparison videos on youtube that display hundreds of individual bricks floating about on this level but on mine I only see some chunks of bricks floating around. Now, I've read the readme file and I know what's happening. "Please note on occasions that the combined graphics and physics load exceeds the system capabilities, the game will gracefully reduce the amount of simulation occurring" But the thing is I'm still getting 60+ fps on that level and I'm positive that my system could handle this (Just before the scarecrow level when you enter the morgue, physx worked on the hundreds of tiles peeling off the walls. still got 60+ fps). Is there any way I could prevent the automatic-physx-reduction? I'd like to play this game at its full potential. Thanks.

I've updated to v1.1 too by the way

Solution
I believe it has to do with having only 1gig of memory on your video card. You're only going to get so much out of it. Even sli-ing wouldn't help as you're still restricted to 1gig. That's my opinion. People need to stop looking at pie charts with high numbers and reviewers need to say.... YES, it gets high frame rates but it tanks when the going gets tough".............. think that will ever happen ? 2gig is the new 1gig............ unfortunately too many people still refuse to believe it. DX11 and tessellation really hammer video cards.
I believe it has to do with having only 1gig of memory on your video card. You're only going to get so much out of it. Even sli-ing wouldn't help as you're still restricted to 1gig. That's my opinion. People need to stop looking at pie charts with high numbers and reviewers need to say.... YES, it gets high frame rates but it tanks when the going gets tough".............. think that will ever happen ? 2gig is the new 1gig............ unfortunately too many people still refuse to believe it. DX11 and tessellation really hammer video cards.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS