My games lags every 5-20 mins

G

my pc is amzing it does everything i need but around 6 months ago my games started to lag it may be due to overheating because i did leave my pc on on with DODsource by accident but it lags all games on and offline its getting annoying btw i havnt cleaned it in a while any suggestions?

G

mostly fps like css tf2 cod4 and everquest 2. also i think my graphics card is overheated because when i only need 1 card not two like on the internet or playing starcraft one its fine either way SPECS: amd phenom 8450 tri core 2.10ghz, 6gbs of ram dont know much else about my pc

shredder777

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
What is your graphics card? Your processor is pretty old so your graphics card could be too much for your processor.

to check you specs go to all programs then search for "run" then type in the dialog box "dxdiag"

G

sorry for being such an idiot about this but i dont see graphics card part on dxdiag im probly just being stupid but if you fix it i can give you a gift card code to lazy to ship ( goes for all who can fix problem)

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
For the Dxdiag there should be a "Display" tab click on that, That will tell us your graphics card. And If you could Clean out your fans in your PC What i suggest it go to a local hardware store and buy some compress air. Blow it in your fans (While you PC is turned off) and that should help. Also Like Shredder777 Said defrag your harddrive.

shredder777

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
also if it was a prebuilt pc (mady by gateway,acer,hp, etc) you could find the name of the computer and just look it up or if you have the box it xame in even better.

edit: i remembered that under the SYSTEM tab in dxdiag you can find who made it and what model it is. it is where it says SYSTEM MANUFACTURER and SYSTEM MODEl. of it is a custom built then you will see the the name repeated if not look it up and you should find some specs

G

my pc is a HP au169aa-a2l-p6122f its prebuilt btw and nothing has been changed internaly

i think my graphics card is a nvidia geforce 9100 also thanks for helping :)

G

thanks im guna open it once i get compressed air this week end and check for overheating/large amounts of heat dust build up or someting jamming or blocking a fan

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
You most likely know, but use short bursts of air while cleaning. My old 360 had alot of dust in it and my brother just sprayed continusly and iced over somthing because those cans get cold fast.