Keyboard locks w/ CUSL2-C

G

I got a BP CUSL2-C board less than a week ago, and the keyboard locked up on me twice. Bought a new keyboard 'cause I thought the keyboard might be flaky, but it happened again. If I unplug the keyboard, wait for a second, then plug it back in, it works fine. I went through the Asus forum, and a couple other people complained about keyboard lock-ups on the same board. Tom's Hardware gave a big thumbs up on this board, and I see lot's of positive posts about it, so I'm kinda wondering what's going on.....? Any there many other CUSL2-C owners out there with this problem? What about a missing PCI System Management Bus driver? I can't find that either...but that's another story.

rbertino

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2001
I have an CUSL2-C and I haven't had any problems with it.

About that PCI System Management Bus driver - have you installed the 815EP Chipset drivers yet? If not then that might be causing your keyboard problem (especially if it's a USB Keyboard).

<i>I don't know anything about computers... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night...</i> :lol:

G

Yeah, I installed the i815 drivers. Maybe I need to reinstall them. The keyboard is a standard mini-DIN style, not USB.

G

What type of ram do you have in this motherboard.
ie: single sided sdram or double sided sdram ?
If i input double sided ram 256 meg into this motherboard the board shows it up at half of what it is 128 meg.
But single sided sdram shows up ok. do you have this problem?

G

I bought a Kingston PC133 256 MB module with memory on ONE side. I actually talked to them before I got the Asus board to make sure it would work. He told me that if the module was 256 MB with both sides loaded it wouldn't work, or it would see only half the memory.

So, to make a short story long, Yes. The situation you're describing is exactly how it's supposed to work.