Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Viewsonic vx2739wm and ps3

Last response: in Video Games
June 24, 2011 8:45:27 PM

Hello,
I just purchased this moniter and wanted to hook up the ps3 to it. I tried hooking the hdmi cables and it says no signal. Is this the proper way to connect these devices or do i have a bad cord/hdmi connection to the monitor?

More about : viewsonic vx2739wm ps3

June 28, 2011 11:11:22 PM

bubbles64 said:
Hello,
I just purchased this moniter and wanted to hook up the ps3 to it. I tried hooking the hdmi cables and it says no signal. Is this the proper way to connect these devices or do i have a bad cord/hdmi connection to the monitor?

Did you change the PS3's system display settings so that it puts the signal out via HDMI? If you haven't changed anything then your console is still putting the video out through the A/V cables that came with it (the red, yellow, and white cables).

Maybe we can find common ground here, because I have an Acer P224W monitor and I STILL cannot get my PS3 to play on it despite trolling the internet for many different explanations and tips. My HDMI cable is tested w/ ps3 and works, but nothing I do seems to make it go.......

Best solution

July 12, 2011 2:33:34 AM

Try resetting your video setting by holding down the playstation power button when turning it on. Just push the button (Its not really a button I suppose.) until you hear three beeps in succession.
Related resources
July 19, 2011 4:16:50 PM

Best answer selected by bubbles64.
July 21, 2011 2:26:22 AM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
!