How is FIC as a maker? (makers of the AD11 DDR MB)

G

My friend swears that FIC is a horrible manufacturer of motherboards, but their AD11 seems to be the best on the market right now for performence. Anyhow have any expereince with them? How are they? Do they fail after a year, like some say?

Thanks!

stevengirdham

Distinguished
May 21, 2001
yes stay away fom fic had to change mine 3 times in a year get asus a7m266

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by stevengirdham on 06/02/01 01:51 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

Hmm... have you heard anything about the new Abit KG7-RAID?

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
I used to have a Super7 FIC motherboard. The AGP on that was as buggy as hell. Had random crashed with ANY AGP card you put in it. All the latest mobo patches, drivers, plus drivers for every single component wouldn't fix it. No resource conflicts nothing. It was a bit crap.

<font color=red>"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and dispair!"</font color=red>

G

Hmmm... that's not good at all. I guess that's why the board is so much cheaper. It's too bad too, as most of the review sites recommend it with their higest honors, at least as far as performence goes. But, it looks like they don't stay that way for long. I will stay away from them.

It seems everyone has had a problem with one of their MBs... Anyone else?

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
FIC uses sub-par parts for their Motherboards. So when you buy one it's basically a crap shoot. They probably sent good, higher quality boards to the reviewers. However some of the prices I have seen on FIC boards still make it attractive. A local store around here has a duron 800 and FIC mobo on sale for $88. Buggy or not, you cant beat that deal.

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.

G

Hmmm.. but how serious could it get? Would the MB last a few months and screw up a little, or could it last a year and crap out? I need somethng that'll last as long as the computer (read: about 4 years)... so, should I go Asus or the new Abit?

TRENDING THREADS