Newbie: WPA possible on Win 98?

Hi,
Apologies if this is a silly question, but I can't seem to find
anything on M$oft's site about it....Is it possible for a Win 98 (SE)
machine to fully participate in a WPA-enabled network? I guess this means
are there WPA supplicants & compatible adaptors for Win 98?

Thanks,
GAM

Taking a moment's reflection, Glen A McAllister mused:

| Hi,
| Apologies if this is a silly question, but I can't seem to find
| anything on M$oft's site about it....Is it possible for a Win 98 (SE)
| machine to fully participate in a WPA-enabled network? I guess this means
| are there WPA supplicants & compatible adaptors for Win 98?

Supposedly, the Odyssey client (www.funk.com) will add WPA, however, it
costs US$50. Both Netgear and Linksys (respectively) *say* their WG511 and
WPG54G support WPA and their drivers are 98SE compatible. However, I can
only get WEP to work under 98 with any of their driver sets with either of
those cards.

TRENDING THREADS