Sign in with
Your question
Solved

What can I play?

Last response: in Video Games
June 25, 2011 2:30:33 AM

I didn't know how to list this, but here it goes. I don't play games much so I don't know what to buy. My computer is an E8400 with an ASUS Pro Turbo board and 8 gigs of RAM. I have 2 XFX Radeon HD4850 cards in Crossfire configuration. That being said, will I be able to play the more GPU and hardware intensive games out there? Years ago when I first bought Flight simulator, my first game, I found out that my computer and video card were to slow. I really don't want that happening again, by the way I view it with a Samsung 225BW. :) 

More about : play

June 25, 2011 9:05:45 AM

Don't compare games with FSX. FSX is very cpu intensive because it calculates all of the real life parameter: weather, wind speed, engine thrust, surface vector, auto-gen, airport traffic, other aircraft, etc, to a realistic level, hence it is a simulator/ not a game. Even after 5 years, I don't think you can really play it smoothly with max setting unless you have a crazy rig. Your set up is fine for modern games which requires less realistic physics less parameter.
m
l

Best solution

June 25, 2011 5:08:16 PM

you can play pretty much anything out there, though not always at the highest possible setting.
June 25, 2011 5:43:56 PM

Best answer selected by double_d1.
m
l
!