PC hangs during crysis 2 and black ops gameplay

nitinkumar

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
I am facing problem while playing some games. My computer hangs during COD black ops and Crysis 2 gameplay. Some things are common in both cases. Both games hangs during some movie in the game not during the actual game. Both hangs after 5-10 min. gameplay at almost same point. Computer hangs with screen filled with grey lyk lines and continuos noise lyk sumthng is stuck. nothing works and pc needs to be restarted.

In black ops it hangs when in the start after crossing the street u get into a car and then ram that car into local police. after this there is movie and here it hangs.

In Crysis 2 it hangs when in the start submarine is destroyed and prophet picks up Alcatraz and then movie comes showing the suit. at that point it hangs.

I am facing problem with only these two games. I have played bulletstorm, homefront, AC 2, Gears of war 2, Battlefield bad company 2 etc and at highest graphics details without a glitch. but somehow these two games r giving me trouble. Can somebody please help me.

Intel Pentium Dual core E5800 3.2 GHz
RAM 2 Gb DDR2
XFX ATI HD 5670 1 GB

nitinkumar

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011

this not helped.....there is no error there.....plzz.....help

today i have done some changes to sort out this problem
i have removed the 'videos.bik' file in crysis 2 in folder 'gamecrysis2' and when i started te game......it not get hang at the previous point but some way ahead in the video it hangs.........plz.....tell is this a graphic card issue......