GA-7DXR Problem

G

I just put together a system: T-Bird 1300, GA-7DXR, 512 MB PC-2100 DDR (Samsung CAS 2.5). It won't even POST. I unplugged all periphs, leaving 1 stick of RAM, the CPU, and the vid on the board. Nada. I switched RAM. Nada. I called Overclockers.com, and they had me send them the CPU to be checked out. Anything else it could be? I rechecked the jumpers, even making sure that Guardian was disabled. Please help.

G

Occassionally, a given DIMM bank must be populated before another DIMM bank. Or, a given DIMM bank cannot use high-density (double-sided) sticks.

Good luck.

tartarhus

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
You will need to update the bios to 7dxr_f4 to enable support for a 1300 or 1400 MHZ processor. If you need to use your current processor to update the bios then try using the manual dip switch to adjust the system bus speed to a lower setting. Hopefully one of the lower bus speeds will enable you to boot and update the bios.

-- Chaos is the better order.

G

No dice. Even at lower clock speeds, I get nowhere. This must be a bad board. I am sending it back. Thanks all for the advice.