Which Motherboard?

koolman_

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
i am going to upgrade my computer from PII 350 to PIII 733MH .I already have a 32MB graphic card a SB Live! card and 256MB of Ram i have following two options for the motherboard Asus CUSL2-C and Intel 815EPEA2 considering that i am a games freak and my dad likes VIDEO EDITING.I dont like overclocking but would like to see a full featured Bios with all necessary features(AGP,Memory etc).Can anyone give an experts advice on which of the above motherboard to choose from.Thanks

Never share your secrets with a friend,you never know when he becomes your enemy.

koolman_

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
What about performance and reliability?

Never share your secrets with a friend,you never know when he becomes your enemy.

G

Based on Reviews and other people's opinions, CUSL2-C performance is great...but i don't know bout stability cuz i dont own one....

<font color=blue>"640 Kilobytes of computer memory ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Both have excellent reputations. Since the CUSL2 has more configuration options, it is possible to make a setting that won't work, such as setting the memory too fast. But it also has auto configuration available. Intel would be auto only. I have never seen a problem with the CUSL2 that was not caused by poor assembly, but I can say the same for the Intel. Except for the added features of the CUSL2, they are practically the same board!

Cast not thine pearls before the swine