johndud

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
ok so i need help getting age of empires 3 and the warchiefs expansion to work, i installed it and it didnt seem like thers were any problems except i saved the files somewhere than normal cuz the folder was full. everthing installed fine and i go to click on the run button and it wont load the mouse marker looks like its loading something but never fully does. i try taking out the cd and putting it in to load it that way, a message comes up do u want to run age of empires 3, the message looks like windows basic not windows 7, and still doesnt work the same with warchiefs expansion except the expansion brings up the age of empires install, play, readme file when i first put the disc in but the other dics wont do that even, and also in properties theres no compatibility mode option...please help!

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
are you sure you are clicking on the shortcut or the exe file when you are not getting a compatablity mode option

have you tried clicking on the compatablity tab after properties?

i can play age of empires 3 fine on my pc? (win7 professional x64)

johndud

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
i got the game from my buddy he didnt want it anymore.

amd phenom sixcore processor at 2.7 ghz
600watt corsair power supply
nvidia 550 ti 1gb ddr5
windows 7 stock (no proffesional or anything)

and i tried getting to compatibility mode both ways thru the shortcut and thru start menu, there is no compatibility mode!

johndud

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
what do i set the compatibility too, and it wasnt labeled as and .exe file it was labeled as this, theres actually 4 files there that havecompatibility options here they are

Age3xLauncher - Shortcut

age3x - Shortcut

age3 - Shortcut

Age3Launcher - Shortcut

this is pissing me off and none of these work, idk which compatibility to have it work with

johndud

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
usually games download to my library but its full so i chose my programs x 64 folder to save it in, my witcher 2 folder is there and i t runs fine, and im not gonna wait 10 mins to play a game every time i want a way around this

I don't understand. Libraries are just an amalgamation of various directories on your drive. How can the library be full but not the Program Files folder? Surely both are on the same drive?

Have you tried installing it to a simple directory like C:\AOE3?

No waiting 10 mins for me; AoE 3 works perfectly on my PC with Windows 7 x64. I suspect you have another problem...