Dual Processor AMD Motherboards

G

I have started looking for a Dual Athlon/Duron MB but I don't think one exists. What up? I rather spend my money a more expensive motherboard and another processor, then to waste hundreds piping water through my case for more performance. (Water + PC = BAD THINGS!) Beside, plumbing ain't my thang and the inevitable is guaranteed. You'd figure with the cost compared to Intel, this would be a no brainer. I mean think of it, for maybe $100-$200 more than the cost of the latest Intel, I could be running dual late release AMD CPUs, really embarasing the Intel FOLK. Of course then you need to run a real OS to get proper use of them, but that's a whole 'nutha thread. Bottom line, where the hell is the beef?!? Why aren't dual AMD boards everywhere?

Raskall

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2001
If you read Tom's latest article it will answer your question. I agree with your logic. The reason there aren't duel proc AMDs all over the place is that they've just now released the chipset capable of SMP with AMD procs. Tyan (with AMD of course) created the first/only dual AMD board to date.

Jason

soup20000

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yes, today they just came out.

Tom's review was not very good. I would go read the one at www.anandtech.com it's much better.

AMD for Life!

G

My god! I asketh and they giveth. Happy days of shreadin' Intel Folkers is here. (I post last night, and Tom has an article today.) This is not good news for the water cooling people.