Need recommendation for Sony VAIO laptop wireless setup

I have a Sony NVR23 laptop with a D-Link DWL-650+ running Windows XP
Home. It is connecting to a D-Link AP DWL-900+. The computer crashes
about twice daily with the message "DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...."
and indicates the problem is in airplus.sys.

I want to get rid of this D-Link wireless hardware and get something
more reliable. Can someone recommend a wireless solution that they know
works reliably in a Sony VAIO laptop ? Thanks.

brainiac@visi.com (brainiac) wrote:
>I want to get rid of this D-Link wireless hardware and get something
>more reliable. Can someone recommend a wireless solution that they know
>works reliably in a Sony VAIO laptop ? Thanks.

We had good luck with Linksys PCMCIA cards in our PCG-V505 series
laptops, FWIW.

"brainiac" <brainiac@visi.com> wrote in message
> I have a Sony NVR23 laptop with a D-Link DWL-650+ running Windows XP
> Home. It is connecting to a D-Link AP DWL-900+. The computer crashes
> about twice daily with the message "DRIVER
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...."
> and indicates the problem is in airplus.sys.

Sounds like you either some resource conflicts in your laptop or maybe
you need an updated driver.
Check what driver version the card is using and check dlink for
updated drivers.

William P.N. Smith wrote:
>We had good luck with Linksys PCMCIA cards in our PCG-V505 series
>laptops, FWIW.

Found it! WPC54GV1

misiek

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2004

Me, and few my colegas, are using Belkin Pre-N (diffrenet types of VAIO's,
mine is PCG-GRT390). No blue screen saw :)

In article <41b5dfc0$0$798$2c56edd9@news.cablerocket.com>,
Airhead <campbell@alliancecable.net> wrote:

>"brainiac" <brainiac@visi.com> wrote in message
>> I have a Sony NVR23 laptop with a D-Link DWL-650+ running Windows XP
>> Home. It is connecting to a D-Link AP DWL-900+. The computer crashes
>> about twice daily with the message "DRIVER
>IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...."
>> and indicates the problem is in airplus.sys.
>
>Sounds like you either some resource conflicts in your laptop or maybe
>you need an updated driver.
>Check what driver version the card is using and check dlink for
>updated drivers.

I have been updating the drivers for over two years now. They even
changed the name to "airplus.sys" about a year and a half ago. After
researching the problem I found that it is common for vaio's to bluescreen
with the DWL-650+. The problem is that D-Link wrote a driver that isn't
compatible with vaio's.