How to fix the slow fps problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

amir2033

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
hi guys i have a problem in my computer when i play games they are fast and awesome and then after 5 minutes the games become so slow and lagy and totaly unplaybale so if someone can help please help me.
i tried gta iv and gta san andreas and other games all begin fast then become slow so what is the reason?
my PC specs:
Intel pentium 4 3.00 ghz (2mb cache)
nvidia geforce 9500 gt DDR2 1g of video ram
2g of rams DDR2
motherboard:gigabyte g41m-esl2

i tried to play games on low graphic options with no difference

so can anyone help me please this is very serius and i dont know what to do
:( :(

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
I'm surprised you can play GTA:IV with that CPU.

But taking your word for it, if all is well in the first 5 mins and then become increasingly laggy, could be background applications bottlenecking your CPU (or malwares).

Not sure which version of Windows you have but try to monitor your computer from just before launching the game until you exit our of it 5-10 minutes later). You might be able to pick up what's clogging your performance.

the game doesnt run well at all. not even for 5 mins it will be running at a snales pace at minmum rez and settings. you cant get more than 15 fps with that card and cpu. i know coz i have tried running gta4 on a P43.4ghz and a 95gt the cpu becomes so overwhelmed it cant do anything and runs at 100% it starts holding up other system tasks to the point the system has effectively locked up and the temps shoot up. next event is the throttling which happens after about 7 mins... theres nothing you can do about it other than buy new hardware and stop torturing your old hardware with games that it doesnt meet requirments for.
adding more ram isnt gonna help either.
your pc is just to old for this game. the game is badly coded and needs a minimum of a dual core to run. so just forget about it till you can either spend some money on pc hardware or buy a console....
infact the best thing you could do is stop trying to play gtz4 and get gta 3 its a better game anyway as are vice city and sanandreas

Status
Not open for further replies.