Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Verizon LG 6K: daylight savings time correction?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
October 31, 2004 5:14:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Verizon hasn't corrected for going off DST. Is this done at the
cell phone level? I don't see it on my LG 6K.

TIA
pb
October 31, 2004 7:45:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Thanks, all. I've now properly lost my hour.

pb
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 7:45:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

"pb" <pb_public@operamail.com> wrote in message
news:o 6nao0pq1dio3f1a3kmvu7bpbasip668pl@4ax.com...
> Thanks, all. I've now properly lost my hour.
>
> pb

Friend, you gained an hour. More time today for a honey-do. Unless of course
you are the do-ee rather than the do-er!
Related resources
October 31, 2004 9:59:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Alphageek wrote:


> Friend, you gained an hour. More time today for a honey-do. Unless of course
> you are the do-ee rather than the do-er!

Ah, you're correct. The clock lost it, I gained it.

Gotta retire now, it's been a long day...

p.
October 31, 2004 10:18:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

In article <kaeao0tne83l094duo2gti5b9uqr7vsu2g@4ax.com>, pb
<pb_public@operamail.com> wrote:

> Verizon hasn't corrected for going off DST. Is this done at the
> cell phone level? I don't see it on my LG 6K.
>
> TIA
> pb

Make a phone call, and the phone will handshake a tower and it should
correct the time. I just did that and it worked for me...I called *611
and after it rang a couple of times, just hung up, and time corrected.
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 11:16:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

All you have to do is turn the phone off and then turn the phone on and you
will have the correct time.

Bruce D. Brown

"pb" <pb_public@operamail.com> wrote in message
news:kaeao0tne83l094duo2gti5b9uqr7vsu2g@4ax.com...
> Verizon hasn't corrected for going off DST. Is this done at the
> cell phone level? I don't see it on my LG 6K.
>
> TIA
> pb
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 11:48:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Yeah, this is all I had to do


On 2004-10-31, Bruce D. Brown <bdbrown@socal.rr.com> wrote:
> All you have to do is turn the phone off and then turn the phone on and you
> will have the correct time.
>
> Bruce D. Brown
>
> "pb" <pb_public@operamail.com> wrote in message
> news:kaeao0tne83l094duo2gti5b9uqr7vsu2g@4ax.com...
>> Verizon hasn't corrected for going off DST. Is this done at the
>> cell phone level? I don't see it on my LG 6K.
>>
>> TIA
>> pb
>
>


--
______ ______
..-----.|__ ||__ | eXistenZ32
| -__||__ || __|
|_____||______||______|
Anonymous
November 1, 2004 1:45:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

"pb" <pb_public@operamail.com> wrote in message
news:kaeao0tne83l094duo2gti5b9uqr7vsu2g@4ax.com...
> Verizon hasn't corrected for going off DST. Is this done at the
> cell phone level? I don't see it on my LG 6K.
>
> TIA
> pb

That particular model is a bit cranky on time changes so try this:

Fill a 2 quart bowl or pot with warm water, add 1/2 teaspoon salt, stir to
dissolve, turn your phone OFF and immerse it for about 20 minutes.

When you take it out, I guarantee it won't be showing the wrong time.
Anonymous
November 1, 2004 5:14:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I've made a phone call, lots of them; including powered off the phone once
or twice. , and it is now near 20 hrs into Daylight Savings Time, and my
phone is still showing the old time. That rules out the tower and the phone
call making the time on the phone correct. I'm waiting for it to get
synched as well, but not such a big deal till it happens. I do have my
watch :-) I hope there are spending their DST on ways to make our plans
cheaper instead of fixing the time. dr

"zeno" <zeno1234@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:311020041418149139%zeno1234@mindspring.com...
<snip>
>> Verizon hasn't corrected for going off DST. Is this done at the
>> cell phone level? I don't see it on my LG 6K.
<snip>
> Make a phone call, and the phone will handshake a tower and it should
> correct the time. I just did that and it worked for me...I called *611
> and after it rang a couple of times, just hung up, and time corrected.
Anonymous
November 1, 2004 5:32:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Double checked: K7135 smart phone; turned the phone off; removed the
battery, put it back on, made a test call, and in the midwest it is still
standard time. I think of it as a delayed present: you saved your hour
earlier, and VZW will surprise us sooner or later...

"Special Ed" <chasham97NO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
news:XVdhd.15599$ta5.14853@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> "pb" <pb_public@operamail.com> wrote in message
> news:kaeao0tne83l094duo2gti5b9uqr7vsu2g@4ax.com...
>> Verizon hasn't corrected for going off DST. Is this done at the
>> cell phone level? I don't see it on my LG 6K.
>>
>> TIA
>> pb
>
> That particular model is a bit cranky on time changes so try this:
>
> Fill a 2 quart bowl or pot with warm water, add 1/2 teaspoon salt, stir to
> dissolve, turn your phone OFF and immerse it for about 20 minutes.
>
> When you take it out, I guarantee it won't be showing the wrong time.
>
Anonymous
November 1, 2004 5:32:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

The time on VZW phones have been on Daylight Saving Time since last spring.
Now they should be on to Standard Time.

"dr.wireMORE" <dr.wireMORE@VZW-MidWESTma.com> wrote in message
news:D fhhd.15764$Fw1.12792@newssvr15.news.prodigy.com...
> Double checked: K7135 smart phone; turned the phone off; removed the
> battery, put it back on, made a test call, and in the midwest it is still
> standard time. I think of it as a delayed present: you saved your hour
> earlier, and VZW will surprise us sooner or later...
>
> "Special Ed" <chasham97NO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:XVdhd.15599$ta5.14853@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>> "pb" <pb_public@operamail.com> wrote in message
>> news:kaeao0tne83l094duo2gti5b9uqr7vsu2g@4ax.com...
>>> Verizon hasn't corrected for going off DST. Is this done at the
>>> cell phone level? I don't see it on my LG 6K.
>>>
>>> TIA
>>> pb
>>
>> That particular model is a bit cranky on time changes so try this:
>>
>> Fill a 2 quart bowl or pot with warm water, add 1/2 teaspoon salt, stir
>> to dissolve, turn your phone OFF and immerse it for about 20 minutes.
>>
>> When you take it out, I guarantee it won't be showing the wrong time.
>>
>
>
Anonymous
November 1, 2004 5:32:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

"dr.wireMORE" <dr.wireMORE@VZW-MidWESTma.com> wrote in message
news:D fhhd.15764$Fw1.12792@newssvr15.news.prodigy.com...
| Double checked: K7135 smart phone; turned the phone off; removed the
| battery, put it back on, made a test call, and in the midwest it is still
| standard time. I think of it as a delayed present: you saved your hour
| earlier, and VZW will surprise us sooner or later...

Your 7135 can be set BY YOU in PDA preferences to either pick up time
automatically or have it entered manually by you. Check that - your other
phone is probably similarly configured and requires proper setup by
you.....once you set up the phone correctly, it will pick up time from the
VZW tower......!

PC
!