windows xp pro password reset

riser

Illustrious
what's the common bootable cd software that you can boot to that will allow you to reset all local account passwords? (granted you're not on a domain) for windows XP pro..

Kind of ran into a small problem with a company we recently bought out and I'm short on time and options..

Riser

TheCh0s3n1

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2005
There's one called CHNTPW, or NT Password & Registry Editor.
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

Works quite well. I recommend opting to RESET (deleting) the password rather than trying to change it to something else. Also, you will need software that will transfer the ISO image to CD.

sobelizard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
I have a linux based one that fits on a 3.5. Just boot into it and you can change any local password on nt,2k,winxp,server

<b><i>Powered by <font color=blue>V</font color=blue><font color=purple>E</font color=purple><font color=red>R</font color=red><font color=purple>T</font color=purple><font color=blue>O</font color=blue></b>
Fueled by <b><font color=blue>CL-</font color=blue><font color=red>ONE</font color=red></b>

riser

Illustrious
Well, thanks for telling me you had it without offering it up :)

And to the last guy.. I wasn't able to log into any accounts since no one seemed to know any passwords to any accounts.. I ended up using ERD Commander to get the password reset. I had to have my friend pull it from my CD collection.. nice 171MB Iso file..
The damn CD-ROM was dead in this POS.. a little annoyed but I switched it out..

Riser

sobelizard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
PM works last time I checked.

<b><i>Powered by <font color=blue>V</font color=blue><font color=purple>E</font color=purple><font color=red>R</font color=red><font color=purple>T</font color=purple><font color=blue>O</font color=blue></b>
Fueled by <b><font color=blue>CL-</font color=blue><font color=red>ONE</font color=red></b>