windows xp pro password reset

what's the common bootable cd software that you can boot to that will allow you to reset all local account passwords? (granted you're not on a domain) for windows XP pro..

Kind of ran into a small problem with a company we recently bought out and I'm short on time and options..

Riser
4 answers Last reply
More about windows password reset
  1. There's one called CHNTPW, or NT Password & Registry Editor.
    http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

Works quite well. I recommend opting to RESET (deleting) the password rather than trying to change it to something else. Also, you will need software that will transfer the ISO image to CD.
  2. I have a linux based one that fits on a 3.5. Just boot into it and you can change any local password on nt,2k,winxp,server

<b><i>Powered by <font color=blue>V</font color=blue><font color=purple>E</font color=purple><font color=red>R</font color=red><font color=purple>T</font color=purple><font color=blue>O</font color=blue></b>
    Fueled by <b><font color=blue>CL-</font color=blue><font color=red>ONE</font color=red></b>
  3. Well, thanks for telling me you had it without offering it up :)

And to the last guy.. I wasn't able to log into any accounts since no one seemed to know any passwords to any accounts.. I ended up using ERD Commander to get the password reset. I had to have my friend pull it from my CD collection.. nice 171MB Iso file..
    The damn CD-ROM was dead in this POS.. a little annoyed but I switched it out..

Riser
  4. PM works last time I checked.

<b><i>Powered by <font color=blue>V</font color=blue><font color=purple>E</font color=purple><font color=red>R</font color=red><font color=purple>T</font color=purple><font color=blue>O</font color=blue></b>
    Fueled by <b><font color=blue>CL-</font color=blue><font color=red>ONE</font color=red></b>
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows XP CD-Rom Software