S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Pripyat Stuttering

shredder777

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
While playing the game the first 15-20 minutes are good, but then will I am running outdoors I get stuttering every minute or so. I am playing the game maxed out her are my specs.

AMD Phenom x4 955 BE
XFX Radeon hd 6950 1gb
4gb Kingston HyperX Blu
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Thanks all in advance

G

If it's just a tiny bit of stutter it's probably just your computer loading the area ahead, there's not much you can do about that other than lower graphics settings.

Rpg index: http://rpgindex.blogspot.com/

shredder777

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011

I don't think thats the case because all of my other games are perfect.

shredder777

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
Are you using a low end motherboard? When I had to go to a cheap board I started having lag when moving to different part of the city in sims 3. Just got my new board and no more lag.

Well its definitely not high-end, but it isn't low end either. I have an ASUS M4A79XTD EVO two weeks old. But This game is the only thing giving me a problem.

venjhammet

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
It's quite normal for Pripyat to stutter a bit when you're outside walking or running at a certain point because of map loading on that particular area. But if you do get stutter whenever your inside a building just try lowering the setting especially anti-aliasing. Above all that's a great game, one of my favourites.