Blizzard Unveils Development Update for Diablo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jquarter00

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010
I'm not going to hold my breath on D3. I love the series and in fact still play a mod of D2 from time to time, but I feel like I've been waiting F..O..R..E..V..E..R (que sandlot).

silentq

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Good to know that gameplay/game components won't deviate much from D2. Another year or two? Life is a waiting game... it sucks!

G

'discovery' mode must have followed after the 'forgotten' mode

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]Jquarter00[/nom]I'm not going to hold my breath on D3. I love the series and in fact still play a mod of D2 from time to time, but I feel like I've been waiting F..O..R..E..V..E..R (que sandlot).[/citation]The Median XL mod will give you something to do until then. Add a Glide3 wrapper to enable 3D effects and better graphics acceleration (you'll need it with Median XL). Diablo II works beautifully on Ubuntu Linux with Wine.

myriad46

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
Who f'ing cares anymore. D2's expansion pack was released in 2001. Really? 10 years? They'll probably release it for PS3 (or PS4 for that matter), and then say, "Oh sorry PC fans who started the whole thing...we'll have your version out in another year or so." This whole thing is just pathetic.

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]soccerplayer88[/nom]Omg...Are you telling me that Diablo 3 might be done before 2012!?Party at my place![/citation]

Well I hope it does get out before December 21, 2012.

Because if not, it will suck hard of the Mayans were right. :(

tburns1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
D2 had too many redundant characters -- monsters that were same as a few screens ago ...but now they're blue ...orange ...red ...

brisingamen

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
i kind of hated how the last act in d2 was so short, accelerating towards a finale. what a crap concept, the more content the better, going back after so many years playing diablo 2 it felt small. and short, hopefully this is much larger and longer.

pullmyfinger123

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
Seriously though, when you think about it, isn't Diablo just a crappy version of WoW without the monthly fees and has single players and less social interactions? Having said that, D3 might be good for people really addicted to WoW and needs a stepping stone to quit...like chewing nicorat gum to quit smoking

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Hopefully it means hundreds of hours of dungeon crawling with friends just like the last.
Because I kept losing serial codes, I bought the game ~5 times. I do not regret a cent.
Man, it was so satisfying to kill Diablo the first time. And so satisfying again we had 3 hammerdins do some bloody justice just to see how fast his body could hit the floor. And so infuriating when someone killed the cow king on you.

There is a resolution mod for D2 (because 640c480 and 800x600 is painful on a 2048x1152), but Blizzard really does not like people using it online (honestly, I can't believe they still bother banning people). Single player is only fun for so long.

I'll be waiting, cash in hand. You have a lot of expectations Blizzard, don't let us down (even if most, if not all, the original D2 devs are gone).

jomofro39

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
Man, I can not wait for this game. Sucks that they are leveling out the playing field for beginners to be able to build good characters. The whole point of D2 was to learn from your mistakes with your first character, test, iterate, repeat. Always repeat...

sa1nt

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
[citation][nom]pullmyfinger123[/nom]Seriously though, when you think about it, isn't Diablo just a crappy version of WoW without the monthly fees and has single players and less social interactions? Having said that, D3 might be good for people really addicted to WoW and needs a stepping stone to quit...like chewing nicorat gum to quit smoking[/citation]
NO²

Status
Not open for further replies.