Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Crysis 2 DX11 performence

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 29, 2011 6:35:18 PM

Hello,
This is my computer:

Processor : Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770
MotherBoard : Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5
Memory : OCZ 2GB RAM 667MHZ
Video Card : Inno3D Nvidia Geforce GTX470
Hard Disk : Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB
Hard Disk 2: HP Simple save 1TB
Monitor : LG TV 37 INCH FULL HD 37LG55FR
Case : Thermaltake Mozart VC4000SNS HTPC
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

I installed Crysis 1.9 patch with DX11 and High res textures packages. I put all the settings on ultra and DX11 and high res textures enabled and motion blur on high. I get 24 frames per second except when it big explosions the fps drops to 19 and sometimes to 12-13 frames per second. What can I do to improve the frames per second? I have good computer no?
June 29, 2011 7:12:47 PM

hello Or94,
Before the installation of patch.
Was it running smoothly on full high settings?
m
0
l
June 29, 2011 7:22:37 PM

one thing more buddy.
U have excellent GPU and a very good CPU.
The limiting factor is ur memory.
The performance of the games depends upon the combination used to execute them.
U have a powerful rig but u have 2GB of memory.
Crysis 2 requires 3GB of RAM for its smooth gameplay on full high settings.
Best of luck...............
m
0
l
Related resources
June 29, 2011 7:32:32 PM

Before the patch it was running smoothly on full high settings.
I know I have to add more memory but will I get 30 frames per second and the game will run smoothly?
m
0
l
June 29, 2011 9:47:19 PM

Or94 said:
Before the patch it was running smoothly on full high settings.
I know I have to add more memory but will I get 30 frames per second and the game will run smoothly?


dx11 adds more detail so i suspect that its more gpu intensive thus a lower fps
m
0
l
June 29, 2011 10:38:34 PM

But my graphic card is very good no? I bought it a year ago and I don't want to buy new one.
m
0
l
June 29, 2011 11:50:18 PM

what fps where you getting before the patch?
m
0
l
June 29, 2011 11:53:11 PM

it seems like after looking around you should be getting much more then that but expect a little performance hit
m
0
l
June 30, 2011 6:14:55 AM

cbrunnem said:
dx11 adds more detail so i suspect that its more gpu intensive thus a lower fps

buddy Or94 has very powerful GPU.
No problems regarding CPU as well as GPU.
I think memory is the problem.
m
0
l
June 30, 2011 6:17:36 AM

Or94 said:
But my graphic card is very good no? I bought it a year ago and I don't want to buy new one.

buddy no need to worry regarding ur GPU.
Buddy max out the settings that depend upon the CPU and GPU.
Just lower those settings which depends upon the memory.
Best Of luck..................

m
0
l
June 30, 2011 7:03:11 AM

Your GPU isn't the problem. I'm using a 470 too, and Crysis 2 runs at a steady 60fps, though without the patch (haven't tried it yet). Like geniusender said, your RAM could very well be a limiting factor. You're on Win 7 64-bit and using 2 GBRAM, and that too@667Mhz.

I switched to 8GB DDR3 RAM and there was certainly a difference. Step up to at least 6 GB of DDR3 RAM. I'm most certain that will give you an improvement. In any event, you should have that much for your rig.

Also, what is you PSU (Power Supplu Unit)? Make sure you're gettimg adequate power to your rig.
m
0
l
June 30, 2011 7:42:37 AM

So if I will add 2GB RAM will I get 30 farmes per second? If I will not add memory which settings depends upon the memory I have to lower?
My PSU is Seasonic 620W.
m
0
l
June 30, 2011 8:12:10 AM

man at 2gb of ram , theres a limiting factor right there, try go for 6gb. its cheap enough these days
m
0
l
June 30, 2011 8:30:30 AM

Or94 said:
So if I will add 2GB RAM will I get 30 farmes per second? If I will not add memory which settings depends upon the memory I have to lower?
My PSU is Seasonic 620W.

buddy check out this:
http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5407/~/cr...
U will get all your answers.
I google it and found this.
m
0
l
July 1, 2011 12:23:36 PM

The additional RAM will help in taking some of the stress off your processor, which will definitely result in better performance. However, as far as games go, it cannot be guaranteed that you will get 30/ 30+ FPS. But yes, it most certainly 'will' show an improvement.

Gaming derives its performance from the CPU and the GPU. You have both a good CPU as well as GPU, so the only nag I can point out is the RAM. I would 'strongly' recommend again, that you get at least 6 GB of RAM, and make sure it is DDR3. You can look at the G.Skill Ripjaws if you like. I'm using Kingston 8GB and it certainly helps providing some juice to the rig. Just go for it, it wouldn't be a waste from any angle! Plus, it's the cheapest way for you to improve performance.

Crysis 2 would be very heavy on the CPU with the additional patches/ DX11, etc. You will need to remove as much stress from your CPU as possible.
m
0
l
July 1, 2011 12:57:54 PM

Ok I understand. I don't have DDR3 because I have socket 775.
Now I have OCZ 2GB RAM 1066MHZ. 1GB RAM in slot and another 1GB RAM in another slot. I want to buy this memory: 2x2GB Kingston HyperX CL5 Dual Channel. Is it a good memory? Can I add 2GB to slot and another 2GB to another slot with the 2GB I had and than I will have 6GB of RAM? Will it be good for Crysis 2?
m
0
l
July 1, 2011 4:14:04 PM

Or94 said:
Ok I understand. I don't have DDR3 because I have socket 775.
Now I have OCZ 2GB RAM 1066MHZ. 1GB RAM in slot and another 1GB RAM in another slot. I want to buy this memory: 2x2GB Kingston HyperX CL5 Dual Channel. Is it a good memory? Can I add 2GB to slot and another 2GB to another slot with the 2GB I had and than I will have 6GB of RAM? Will it be good for Crysis 2?

Yeah sure buddy,as stated earlier 3GB is the recommended for Crysis 2.
N u r running crysis 2 on 2GB with DX11 upgrades.
Buddy with the upgrades ur CPU n especially memory bears very much load.GPU also bears more load but u r having a very powerful GPU.
It will be better u put 2x2GB.
In this way definitely u will see the performance boost.
Always remember one thing the performance of the game depends upon the combination.
With the upgrade of ur RAM.Ur hardware will will be a good combination of CPU,GPU and memory.
Best Of Luck...............
m
0
l
July 1, 2011 4:26:03 PM

So if I will have 6GB RAM can I run Crysis 2 with DX11 and high res texture very good on ultra settings with good frames per second?
m
0
l
July 1, 2011 4:38:08 PM

Or94 said:
So if I will have 6GB RAM can I run Crysis 2 with DX11 and high res texture very good on ultra settings with good frames per second?

nothing is guaranteed
m
0
l
July 2, 2011 12:03:44 AM

If I will add 2GB RAM and than I will have 4GB RAM will I get an improvement in the frames per second or only if I will have 6GB RAM I will get an improvement?
m
0
l
July 2, 2011 1:31:00 AM

you will get more of an improvement from adding just two than you will from adding 4. there is diminishing returns when you go over 4 gb of ram
m
0
l
July 2, 2011 2:07:46 AM

I can only tell you my experience. When I initially ran the game, I had Aero on, and with everything maxed at 1920x1200, I was getting fps in the 30's on average, and dropping into the 20's. Once I turned Aero off, I went up to 50's on average with FPS dipping into the 30's.

Later, I ran the benchmark for Crysis 2, and my FPS wasn't as good as I had previously had. I shut down firefox and all my folders, and my FPS went up 10 to where it was.

Crysis 2, with max settings, seems to be a memory hog. Everything must be shut down and Aero off. This is with 6GB's of ram.
m
0
l
July 2, 2011 5:28:52 AM

Or94 said:
So if I will have 6GB RAM can I run Crysis 2 with DX11 and high res texture very good on ultra settings with good frames per second?

buddy i have told u earlier that with crysis 2 upgrades.
More burden is put on CPU,GPU n especially the memory.
So it is better u go for 6GB.
3GB is the requirement without upgrade.
So u better go for 6GB.
U will definitely see a performance boost.
.............................................................................................
One thing more make a wise choice i.e:if u have any plans to buy a new PC i.e:with 1155 or 1366 LGA socket.
Then u will need DDR3 RAM.IF u have any plans then go for 2GB more but if u want to stick to ur current system for long time then add 4GB of RAM
i.e:total memory 6GB.
............................................................................................
Best Of Luck.
m
0
l
July 2, 2011 9:47:47 AM

bystander said:
I can only tell you my experience. When I initially ran the game, I had Aero on, and with everything maxed at 1920x1200, I was getting fps in the 30's on average, and dropping into the 20's. Once I turned Aero off, I went up to 50's on average with FPS dipping into the 30's.

Later, I ran the benchmark for Crysis 2, and my FPS wasn't as good as I had previously had. I shut down firefox and all my folders, and my FPS went up 10 to where it was.

Crysis 2, with max settings, seems to be a memory hog. Everything must be shut down and Aero off. This is with 6GB's of ram.


How did you run the benchmark for Crysis 2? When I am playing I have to close all the programs and Aero off and than it will be an improvement?
So it's better to add 4GB RAM and than I will have 6GB RAM but if I will add 2GB RAM and than I will have 4GB RAM it will be big improvement too?
m
0
l
July 2, 2011 2:47:59 PM

Going to 4Gb or 6Gb will make an improvement. I might even advise to go to 8GB. With the cost of ram being cheap, and more and more games are wanting more RAM, it's better to be prepared.
m
0
l
July 2, 2011 5:10:06 PM

i get the same fps with 4gb as 8gb.
m
0
l
July 2, 2011 5:40:19 PM

Ok thank you very much !
m
0
l
August 17, 2011 9:37:31 PM

Or94 said:
Ok thank you very much !


Hope ur still their, id like to correct the advise the guy above you gave you, with crysis 2 their has been a minor bug with the frame rate, dont know when they'll patch it but try turning "v-sync" off in the option, the frame rate problem was fixed using this method, it worked for a lot of people including myself
m
0
l
August 17, 2011 10:27:53 PM

cbrunnem said:
i get the same fps with 4gb as 8gb.



That probably means that something else like your gpu or cpu has lesser performance that is your bottle-neck -.-'...
m
0
l
!