Game similar to rise of nations and age of empires

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
I'm looking for a game that similar to rise of nations and age of empires that also has alien nations to choose from. A game where instead of having a map of continents you have a map of stars and planets.

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
I wasn't talking about any specific game, I was just wondering if their was any game like that with decent graphics. I've played rise of nations and thought it would be nice to have a galaxy themed game similar to this. Is it possible to submit a game idea. I had this game that takes place in the milky way galaxy, where you choose one of 20 races. Like the Human race has the ability to adapt to any environment but are slow when traveling through space, While the Zeta race has the ability to revers engineer captured technology their very slow at reproducing new off spring. During game play their is a big map of the milky way with game pieces that you move around, and when you move your game piece to a moon or planet a mini map of the planet or moon pops up where you chose what part of the planet or moon you want to attack or colonize.

Well, Rise of Nations and Age of Empires are games based on a series of scenarios that are strung alone together to form a "story". I don't really like those types of games since whatever you build is gone once that stage of the game is completed.

The only space game I played that had that type of progression was a game called Haegemonia: Legions of Iron back in 2002; (sometimes spelled Hegemonia).

Haegemonia: The Solon Heritage is the sequel, but it was never released in the US. I guess the game didn't sell well even though most reviews were positive.

You can purchase both games from Gog.com for $10.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/haegemonia_gold_edition

I prefer games like Civilization or Galactic Civilization. It is simply a huge map of the world or the galaxy; no scenarios for story progression is involved.