WOULD THIS PC RUN FSX ON ALMOST MAX SETTINGS??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
depends what mods you add to it...
on a basic install it would max it easily if your keeping it at 1080p or there abouts. if your going dual or triple monitors then im not sure...
also with some mods the game is actually limited to 20fps even if you have gpu horsepower to spare.

to be honest though there are better more realistic looking flight sims out there now. a few years ago fsx looked good, but now it looks dated...
problem is they tend to be dogfighers and war games... personaly i love wings of prey and hawx 2. the lates il2 titles are pc killers but heres a taste of 1 of my fav's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3SpB16qnK4

fps and gfx was never the main drive for the sim... its all about the flight mechanics so the better your cpu the better the game should perform but and there is a big but...
i think it still only uses 1 cpu... and a very fast cpu would be a real bonus for this sim.
so yeah a 2500k would be perfect... the 560ti is a good card that will be under used in the most part if your just sticking to the basic fsx eliments.

another thing you may want to consider. your hdd. if you get 2 of them and run them in raid 0 you will get almost entry level ssd performance of around 250MBps i currently run 2x1tb samsung spinpoint f3's and i bench at 257MBps with an average of 205MBps
you will get the same speeds if you choose the 500mb f3 or the 1 tb f3.
the drive is among the fastest @7200rpm and for its price cant be matched by any mechanical drive currently out.
the advantage of these drives in this config is it cuts down on texture pop..

there is an issue with small files. in that the drive does slow considerably, but the raid config fixes that, but 1 drive can be slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.