Aug 20, 2008
My specs are:
CPU: AMD Phenom x4 820 @ 3.3ghz
RAM: 4GB gskill ripjaws ddr3 1333
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5850 xtreme
MB: ASRock N68C-S UCC
PSU: Rosewill Green Series 530w
HD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s

I have a friend that has a similar build but has 8gb's over my 4gb's and a 5770 instead of my 5850. His CPU is at stock clock and his PC is a lot faster than mine... I have to run my config with everything tweaked like crazy and he can run it fine with a stock config (black ops). We were playing League of legends and he loads to 100% while I'm still @ 50%.... When I load up black ops it turns my screen black for 20+ seconds and during that 20+ seconds I can access steam. After 20+ seconds black ops FINALLY loads up and starts connecting. It doesn't just do this with black ops either. It happens with frozen throne, crysis 2, both dragon ages, ect, ect but just not for as long of black screen. When I first built this computer it hardly had problems with running black ops and loaded up immediately!

No virus's
No spyware
HD is maybe 2-3% fragmented
Registry is cleaned
All drivers are up to date.

How do you know there are no viruses?
I believe LoL, Frozen Throne and other multiplayer games will depend more on your internet connection for loading times than on processing power. Try bringing both to the same house, and then compare performance.

getignited114

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
I've used avira and AVG for virus scans. For frozen throne and black ops and all of them I'm talking about load times as in starting up the game times. Double click the icon then screen turns black for a while THEN the game loads up which is the bigger concern.

Oh yeah also the LoL servers are west coast and he is east coast on a crap connection while mine is good.

some games load slow because of the ccc drivers. others load slow because there on a slower part of the disk...
you may also want to run malwarebytes, as both avg and avira have gaps in there protection, although avira is 1 of the best antiviruses, it is weak with other malware...
personally i use avira free and malwarebytes payed... the difference between the 2 versions of malware bytes is active scanning... nothing else... the free version will remove anything the payed version will...