G

I have an ASUS P5A Super 7 running a K6-2 450 chip with an Alladin V chipset. My first problem was that my ISA Modem always froze up when I used it for a while. Now I lose all my display settings when I shut down my computer. I'm running a Monster Fusion AGP Graphics card. When I tried upgrading to a GeForce 2 MX it would cause my system to lock up. Is there something wrong with my Motherboard?

lrmv

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have a P5A-B based PC. I too have experienced lock ups when using NVIDIA based video cards.
I had to do 2 things to get my system stable:
- Switch off AGP TURBO mode in the bios. This is required for all brands of AGP cards, not just NVIDIA.
- Use a good power supply. I replaced the (aged) 230W power supply of this old tower case by a more modern 300W type. To my surprise the system became rock stable! I know a good power supply is a must in modern Athlon systems but I never realised that a P5A(-B) system would be so sensible too. (I use a K6-3 450MHz on the board).

<i><font color=purple>Running within specs is the key to a stable computer!</font color=purple></i>
<font color=red>LRMV</font color=red>

TRENDING THREADS