HELP! Morrowind Crash

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

I bought Morrowind for PC, but It keeps crashing. I load up the game,
create my Character, but when I try to leave the Cencus office, it closes
morrowind and says: "There was an error loading DDRAW.DLL. or something
like. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it?
Thanks, Jon
3 answers Last reply
More about help morrowind crash
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

    DDRAW.DLL is part of DirectX, so at a guess your problem is either with your
    version of DirectX (update from
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx) or from out dated
    video drivers. Try updating both of these and give it another go. Good luck

    Alex

    "Hyperion_II" <nightcrawler23233@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I bought Morrowind for PC, but It keeps crashing. I load up the game,
    > create my Character, but when I try to leave the Cencus office, it closes
    > morrowind and says: "There was an error loading DDRAW.DLL. or something
    > like. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it?
    > Thanks, Jon

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

    Thank you so much alex
    I'm glad someone knows something about computers around here
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

    No problem :) Glad to help

    > Thank you so much alex
    > I'm glad someone knows something about computers around here

Crash Games Video Games