HELP! Morrowind Crash

Last response: in Video Games
August 2, 2004 6:36:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

I bought Morrowind for PC, but It keeps crashing. I load up the game,
create my Character, but when I try to leave the Cencus office, it closes
morrowind and says: "There was an error loading DDRAW.DLL. or something
like. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it?
Thanks, Jon

More about : morrowind crash

August 2, 2004 1:05:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

DDRAW.DLL is part of DirectX, so at a guess your problem is either with your
version of DirectX (update from
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx) or from out dated
video drivers. Try updating both of these and give it another go. Good luck

Alex

"Hyperion_II" <nightcrawler23233@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I bought Morrowind for PC, but It keeps crashing. I load up the game,
> create my Character, but when I try to leave the Cencus office, it closes
> morrowind and says: "There was an error loading DDRAW.DLL. or something
> like. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it?
> Thanks, Jon

Anonymous
August 2, 2004 4:44:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

Thank you so much alex
I'm glad someone knows something about computers around here
August 3, 2004 12:58:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

No problem :)  Glad to help

!