How do I get rid of lightscribe drivers?

Last response: in Computer Brands
a b α HP
a b \ Driver
July 1, 2005 12:59:16 PM

I've installed a HP dvd640 external on one machine, and then decided to
switch it to another. Even though I've run through the uninstall process on
the original machine my application log is filling up with messages from the
LightScribeService saying "Unsupported service control request". I can't see
the lightScribeService in the list of services, so how do I get rid of it?

Thanks

John Small
Anonymous
a b α HP
a b \ Driver
July 1, 2005 7:52:57 PM

On the seventh day, nospam wrote...

> I've installed a HP dvd640 external on one machine, and then decided to
> switch it to another. Even though I've run through the uninstall process on
> the original machine my application log is filling up with messages from the
> LightScribeService saying "Unsupported service control request". I can't see
> the lightScribeService in the list of services, so how do I get rid of it?

assuming you're using Windows XP/2k and also assuming the lightscribe
driver really installed as a service, open your device manager (right-click
my computer, manage, device manager) and in the menu click on view show
hidden devices, then search all categories. If you find it, right-click it
and choose uninstall. If you're a little bit more advanced windows user,
you can also delete the service key in the registry itself, but you can
easily screw up your system.

HTH

Demon: I'll swallow your soul!! I'll swallow your soul!! [Ash
points his shotgun at the Demon's head] Ash: Swallow this
Anonymous
a b α HP
a b \ Driver
July 2, 2005 2:22:59 PM

Hi, thanks for that. I couldn't find it in the device manage, but I did find
it under services and just set the service to be disabled until I work out
how to do a full uninstall.

Thanks

John Small

!