How do I get rid of lightscribe drivers?

I've installed a HP dvd640 external on one machine, and then decided to
switch it to another. Even though I've run through the uninstall process on
the original machine my application log is filling up with messages from the
LightScribeService saying "Unsupported service control request". I can't see
the lightScribeService in the list of services, so how do I get rid of it?

Thanks

John Small
2 answers Last reply
More about lightscribe drivers

    On the seventh day, nospam wrote...

    > I've installed a HP dvd640 external on one machine, and then decided to
    > switch it to another. Even though I've run through the uninstall process on
    > the original machine my application log is filling up with messages from the
    > LightScribeService saying "Unsupported service control request". I can't see
    > the lightScribeService in the list of services, so how do I get rid of it?

    assuming you're using Windows XP/2k and also assuming the lightscribe
    driver really installed as a service, open your device manager (right-click
    my computer, manage, device manager) and in the menu click on view show
    hidden devices, then search all categories. If you find it, right-click it
    and choose uninstall. If you're a little bit more advanced windows user,
    you can also delete the service key in the registry itself, but you can
    easily screw up your system.

    HTH

    Demon: I'll swallow your soul!! I'll swallow your soul!! [Ash
    points his shotgun at the Demon's head] Ash: Swallow this

    Hi, thanks for that. I couldn't find it in the device manage, but I did find
    it under services and just set the service to be disabled until I work out
    how to do a full uninstall.

    Thanks

    John Small
    "Christian Dürrhauer" <cduerr@geog.fu-berlin.de> wrote in message
    > On the seventh day, nospam wrote...
    >
    >> I've installed a HP dvd640 external on one machine, and then decided to
    >> switch it to another. Even though I've run through the uninstall process
    >> on
    >> the original machine my application log is filling up with messages from
    >> the
    >> LightScribeService saying "Unsupported service control request". I can't
    >> see
    >> the lightScribeService in the list of services, so how do I get rid of
    >> it?
    >>

    > assuming you're using Windows XP/2k and also assuming the lightscribe
    > driver really installed as a service, open your device manager
    > (right-click
    > my computer, manage, device manager) and in the menu click on view show
    > hidden devices, then search all categories. If you find it, right-click it
    > and choose uninstall. If you're a little bit more advanced windows user,
    > you can also delete the service key in the registry itself, but you can
    > easily screw up your system.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > --
    > mit freundlichen Grüßen/with kind regards
    > Christian Dürrhauer, Institute of Geography, FU Berlin
    >
    > Demon: I'll swallow your soul!! I'll swallow your soul!! [Ash
    > points his shotgun at the Demon's head] Ash: Swallow this

Hewlett Packard Hardware Drivers Computers