Tribunal & Bloodmoon

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

Umm.... I think I'm having some trouble getting started in the
expansions. Not technical stuff or anything... just in playing the game.
I assume that the main quest in Tribunal is doing these annoying jobs
for the guard in Helseth's Throne Room. But what is it in Bloodmoon? I
know that there is one... I'm thinking that it is doing the work for the
Captain at Frostmoth. Am I right?

It seems to me that the main quests here, at least early on, aren't
nearly as good as in Morrowind. Anyone agree? Or have I gone completely
nuts?

John
4 answers Last reply
More about tribunal bloodmoon
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

    > Umm.... I think I'm having some trouble getting started in the
    > expansions. Not technical stuff or anything... just in playing the game.
    > I assume that the main quest in Tribunal is doing these annoying jobs
    > for the guard in Helseth's Throne Room.

    After Morrowind was Tribunal a little bit boring. The world is smaller, the
    quest is smaller. A bit too easy. But it was ok to raise my skills. The
    little there was left after travelling in Morrowind.

    > But what is it in Bloodmoon? I
    > know that there is one... I'm thinking that it is doing the work for the
    > Captain at Frostmoth. Am I right?
    >
    > It seems to me that the main quests here, at least early on, aren't
    > nearly as good as in Morrowind. Anyone agree? Or have I gone completely
    > nuts?

    You can read here:
    http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/bloodmoon_a.txt. I liked
    Bloodmoon. A little bit of feeling of coming home to Norway. And it was
    great when I got my own home in Ravens Rock.

    Morrowind is better than the expantion-pack. In fact: on www.rpgdot.com is
    Morrowind the best rpg ever. Tribunal is nr. 10 and Bloodmoon nr. 5.
    (http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10070&sid=1ee5e6c59fb869a5b6fcb3f
    174471372)

    Good luck in the cold north. Bernt E
    --
    -----------\\---------\\//---------//-----------
    Og her hopper Nøtteliten: "Hei på deg"

    On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 12:24:08 -0400, johnnomac <johnnomac@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Umm.... I think I'm having some trouble getting started in the
    >expansions. Not technical stuff or anything... just in playing the game.
    >I assume that the main quest in Tribunal is doing these annoying jobs
    >for the guard in Helseth's Throne Room. But what is it in Bloodmoon? I
    >know that there is one... I'm thinking that it is doing the work for the
    >Captain at Frostmoth. Am I right?

    From the sounds of it you would seem to be at most 1/3 of the way
    through Tribunal and less than that through Bloodmoon.

    If you are interested in Bloodmoon quests I would do everything the
    Captain tells you to do in Frostmoth but I would ALSO seek out the
    East Empire Company factor also in Frostmoth - he initiates a whole
    separate series of quests that I completely missed the first time
    through the game. That quest line has more than one finish - and I'll
    say no more without spoilers.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

    On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 12:24:08 -0400, with the help of 10,000 Little
    Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) johnnomac <johnnomac@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Umm.... I think I'm having some trouble getting started in the
    >expansions. Not technical stuff or anything... just in playing the game.
    >I assume that the main quest in Tribunal is doing these annoying jobs
    >for the guard in Helseth's Throne Room. But what is it in Bloodmoon? I
    >know that there is one... I'm thinking that it is doing the work for the
    >Captain at Frostmoth. Am I right?
    >
    >It seems to me that the main quests here, at least early on, aren't
    >nearly as good as in Morrowind. Anyone agree? Or have I gone completely
    >nuts?
    >
    >John

    I generally stick to exploring and improving my characters in/around
    Vvardenfell until my characters finish the main quest. Then for
    simplicity, my characters explore the Tribunal area and after that visit
    the Bloodmoon area...

    Vvardenfell is by far the largest area with the most quests and places
    to explore. If your character hasn't got Corpus yet, you might want to
    put the main quest on hold and try your hand at becoming a Vampire with
    one of the 3 Vampire clans to be found in the game, which is a whole new
    experience! ^_^ Then when you grow tired of your lonely life as a
    Vampire, you can search for a cure so that your character can again take
    up the main quest in the game... BTW, if you liked being a Vampire,
    there are several Mods for the game that take being a Vampire to a whole
    new level!

    Tribunal is fun for its shops, and new foes. It also gives your
    character an excuse to kill and capture the soul of one of the 3
    Tribunal Gods.

    As for Bloodmoon, as far as I'm concerned the main quest there is to
    become a Werewolf, which is GREAT Fun to play! ^_^ Granted becoming a
    werewolf every night can get old fast, however there are are mods you
    can download that will allow your character to become a werewolf ONLY
    when they want to, which removes any good reasons to seek a cure...

    All in all, the Main Focus of the game is for you to have fun no matter
    what you do, even if your character NEVER completes the main quest in
    the game. Don't forget that there are Plenty of Mods for the game if
    you'd like to add to your gamming experience... So if you want to try
    something crazy, beforehand make a Saved Game you can reload if you mess
    up, and go for it! ^_^

    Have Fun!

    That's my 2¢,

    FTA

    "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

    On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 03:13:41 GMT, FTA <FTA@fake.email> wrote:

    >Vvardenfell is by far the largest area with the most quests and places
    >to explore. If your character hasn't got Corpus yet, you might want to
    >put the main quest on hold and try your hand at becoming a Vampire with
    >one of the 3 Vampire clans to be found in the game, which is a whole new
    >experience! ^_^ Then when you grow tired of your lonely life as a
    >Vampire, you can search for a cure so that your character can again take
    >up the main quest in the game... BTW, if you liked being a Vampire,
    >there are several Mods for the game that take being a Vampire to a whole
    >new level!

    I've heard there are several clues mostly in Sadrith Mora as to where
    one goes if one is interested in a specific vampire clan but in
    numerous games I've yet to find anything >specific< other than the
    part about "hidden in society".

    >Tribunal is fun for its shops, and new foes. It also gives your
    >character an excuse to kill and capture the soul of one of the 3
    >Tribunal Gods.

    I really liked taking down the Black Dart gang.

    >As for Bloodmoon, as far as I'm concerned the main quest there is to
    >become a Werewolf, which is GREAT Fun to play! ^_^ Granted becoming a
    >werewolf every night can get old fast, however there are are mods you
    >can download that will allow your character to become a werewolf ONLY
    >when they want to, which removes any good reasons to seek a cure...

    Well if you complete the main quest you get an artifact which makes
    you a werewolf whenever you want.

    >All in all, the Main Focus of the game is for you to have fun no matter
    >what you do, even if your character NEVER completes the main quest in
    >the game. Don't forget that there are Plenty of Mods for the game if
    >you'd like to add to your gamming experience... So if you want to try
    >something crazy, beforehand make a Saved Game you can reload if you mess
    >up, and go for it! ^_^

    I'm into my fifth character with my previous games being (1) basic
    Morrowind, (2) basic Morrowind + Tribunal, (3) basic Morrowind +
    Bloodmoon without Tribunal and (4) all three. In each I played in a
    different house except for #4 where I played House Telvanni again
    since I had earlier failed to reach guildmaster. Game 5 is with the
    Giants mod and all the 'official' mods - having just gotten my
    character a full suit of "Domina" armor I don't see the point - it's
    marginally more effective than the Imperial Legion stuff but not much.

    I'm currently playing around with ideas for #6 and think playing with
    ONLY the Imperial Legion 'official' armor might be one approach.

    I'd LIKE to explore being a vampire but haven't figured how to go with
    it. What I don't want is yet another character that has too easy a
    time of it due to overuse of potions....:)

    >Have Fun!

    Best advice of all...

Games Video Games