GTA 4 HOGGING TOO MUCH RESOURCES

igotsnomoney

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
I bought the Steam version of GTA 4 for my PC and for some reason it uses wayy to much resources. The game runs at a stableish FPS at 47. But the problem is even when my graphic card is overclocked and overvolted, the game hogs ALL MY RAM, ALL MY CPU, AND ALL MY GPU. (98% ram usage, 97Cpu usage on all 4 cores, and 96% gpu usage)

Specs:

Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 mobo
Intel Core i5 750 (2.94Ghz) [lynfeild]
Nvidia gtx 460 768mb (overclocked to 858mhz!!!!! and 2100mhz on the memory)
Kingston HyperX 1600mhz memory 4GB (2x2 sticks)
2X OCZ Vertex 2 50Gb SSD (RAID 0)
Seagate 500Gb Hard drive

using: Afterburner and Cpu meter to check.

is the game normally using that much power or is it that my computer is not good enough?

Ps. Even if i lower my settings the game still hogs resources

Solution
Yeah, if you read any PC review of GTA IV, the most common complaint about the game is the high requirements. It is the result of a poorly ported console game.

Rockstar should have devoted more time to optimize the game better for the PC. But that means more time and money on their end.

Just be happy you can play the game.
Yeah, if you read any PC review of GTA IV, the most common complaint about the game is the high requirements. It is the result of a poorly ported console game.

Rockstar should have devoted more time to optimize the game better for the PC. But that means more time and money on their end.

Just be happy you can play the game.

Solution

igotsnomoney

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011

Thx. It just didnt seem right considering how flat the textures look and how much resources it was looking. Even Mafia 2 used less ram and Looked X 20000000000000 better