During games I lag out every 15 seconds

jakobnator

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
I usually don't post here but this is the first time I have had a problem and haven't been able to find an answer on any forum what so ever. I love windows 8 besides a few minor things but I CANNOT play multiplayer games, with a few exceptions. I tried Chivalry: Medieval warfare, and as soon as I join a game 15 seconds into it everyone is holding still and I leave the game, in The Hidden I join and leave the game immediately saying Connection Lost, Garrysmod as well. Counterstrike works and thats about all the games I have tried. I have tried download Ethernet card drivers straight from my motherboard manufacturer website and disabling the firewall but no dice... Any help is appreciated.

My best guess would be the Ethernet drivers on your PC are not behaving correctly with Windows 8. What Ethernet Card are you using/motherboard make/model? And are you getting disconnected when browsing or is it only happening with multiplayer games?

jakobnator

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
I have only had problems with ingame lag I have a MSI 990XA-GD55 motherboard. Realtek RTL8111E Ethernet card. Ingame it says my ping is about 60-80 but not to the point were it kicks me for having that bad of a connection. Browsing internet seems fine

jakobnator

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
I reinstalled windows 8 and accidently installed 32 bit, absolutley no problems but I needed 64 bit reinstall again and then I get the same problem beforeI reinstalled any ideas?