Sign in with
Your question

Nobody, just nobody can answer this question!!!

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 8, 2001 5:13:52 PM

It is probobaly the 5th time I post the same question about the same problem and nobody gave me n answer, let me try again!
I have Asus A7V (200fsb) mobo with 800Mhz Athlon, I want to put 1.3Ghz on my mobo but don't know how. Originally A7V supports maximum up to 1Ghz, with Asus update I will be able to put 1.2Ghz athlon, but I need 1.3Ghz!! How can I do that? I can put 1.2Ghz even without update, without flashing BIOS, because i can use switches and set 12.0 multiplier, there is NO 13.0 multiplier, maximum is 12.5. I can't o'clock my bus even from 100 to 101! Won't work, NEED UPDATE!! i have searched everywhere on ASUS website but the only update is to 1.2Ghz!! BUT I NEED 1.3GHZ !! HOW CAN I DO THAT?? I don't expect abyone to answer, but maybe there is someone who knows the answer!!!!PLEASE HELP!!!!!! and what is that thing like South Bridge? Should I flash my BIOS to update it?

More about : answer question

June 8, 2001 5:28:25 PM

sorry there wont be an over clockable solution. just pop it in it should identify the multiplier on the CPU (unless you closed the L1 bridges). I think there is away, if you're patient, to set the CPU multiplier on the CPU itself. I think it was mentioned here before so try searching.

Your Signature Sucks
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 8, 2001 5:32:16 PM

i don't this 1.3Ghz CPU yet, but I'm planning to buy one, I don't want to turn it back in, I'm planning to buy one very cheap from www.pricewatch.com, where can I keep searching?
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 8, 2001 5:32:17 PM

you are probably going to have to wait until asus provides a BIOS update that will increase the maximum multiplier to 13 or greater. thats the only way i can think of to provide real support for a chip with those specs. im sure its on its way.....

ignore everything i say
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 8, 2001 5:36:44 PM

There won't be one! It the last update, A7V is a very bad mobo, very old, crappy, nobody uses it(almost), everyone forgot about it!
June 8, 2001 5:41:04 PM

well you're not buying it from pricewatch rather a company advertizing there. I'd make sure you check <A HREF="http://www.resellerratings.com" target="_new">http://www.resellerratings.com&lt;/A> to cross reference any suspicious dealer with a low price. They may only warranty for 8 days and'll only up it if you buy a $10 fan for $50 then charge you another $30 to ship it. so watch out.

OEM: just processor, no fan, 8 day-1 yr warranty (depends on store) 1200(266) @ $170
RETAIL/BOX: fan included straight from AMD with 3 yr warranty and booklet and stuff. 1200(266) @ $205

good places
<A HREF="http://www.minotaur.com" target="_new">http://www.minotaur.com&lt;/A>
<A HREF="http://www.axiontech.com" target="_new">http://www.axiontech.com&lt;/A>

Your Signature Sucks
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 8, 2001 6:08:51 PM

NO! There are 1.3Ghz (200fsb) for only $150 (with shipping, no fan, never cared about warranty)! But anyways I'm screwed, I just visited www.asus.com and they have there new A7V-ML (or something like this) that supports 1.3Ghz, but not A7V, and what was that thing that mobo will recognize 1.3Ghz if L1 bridges are not connected? Then I'd have to connect all those other bridges? puzzle? i have conductive pen, but I think it's impossible to put 1.3Ghz on A7V. Is that true that after CPu reches 1Ghz the difference gets less and less noticable?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 8, 2001 6:15:58 PM

don't know much about the a7v (I have a FIC ad11) but can you set the cpu multiplier to be autodetected, instead of of 10x, 12x.....
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 8, 2001 6:21:14 PM

HOW???? How to set autodetect?
June 8, 2001 9:17:49 PM

Look in your friggin manual!!! It's a jumper. Either hardware mult. or software mult. Anyway if you're ordering online better look for a warranty. Those companies I mentioned are trustworthy and give 1 yr warranties on OEM CPU's. That's why I order form them. When I bought from Accubyte I had to rush to get my dud cpu back. They include shipping time in thier 8 day warranty so I had 2 days to get it back. Pay a bit more for security and peace of mind. If you can't afford maybe you should lower your expectations. Too many people out there looking to screw you.

Your Signature Sucks
June 8, 2001 11:39:15 PM

AMD only recommends using the Asus A7V for Athlons up to 1200 mHz. You probably cannot get 1300 mHz out of that board. Dude, you will probably not at all be able to notice the difference between a 1200 and 1300 in terms of performance, so just get a 1200. That way you know it'll work, and it'll work just fine. Stop getting all psycho.

"Trying is the first step towards failure."
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 9, 2001 12:19:36 AM

Dude, I just want to beat HELL out of my board, soon I'll upgrade my memory up to 1.5Gb pc150 and wanted to get 1.3Ghz, I have fastest hard drive (I mean ata/100 with 7200rom), then my 4q of 2001 i want nv30 and then I'll know for sure that is the maximum upgrade I can possibly make!
If I'm planning to get nv30 won't 100 more Mhz give me at least 5 more frames?
June 9, 2001 1:00:30 AM

First off you are a moron
Second how many times do you need to be told your mb will only support a 12.5x mult. Meaning that it will run at 1250mhz with a 100 mhz fsb. So this means u can buy your 1.3 gig and run it at 1250 but not at 1300 with a 100mhx fsb or u can run it at 12.5 x 104 and get 1300 that way.
Third wtf are u wasting you money on pc 150 for? Let alone 1.5 gigs of pc 150. I hope u are using win me too u moron.

mbaha

“Build your own you will love it more”
June 9, 2001 1:16:38 AM

Dude, no. Sure, you'll get 5 for frames if you play at 640x480, but I bet with an NV30 you'd be wanting to play at high res or else you're stupid and might as well have a GeForce 2 MX. At high res, you'd see probably the same expact performance with a 1000 mHz as a 1300 mHz. Dude, 1.5 gigs of PC150 is totally pointless unless you are doing things with your machine other than games (videp editing, rendering, etc.). Most games run the same with 256 MB ram as they do with higer amounts. Plus, why PC150?!?!?! Your motherboard will only allow the RAM to run at 133 mHz, so going for 150 right now is pointless and a waste of money. And upgrading too, everything will be DDR soon, so you can't really port this memory to the next motherboard, so that isn't a good reason either. Dude, go with an Athlon 1200 mHz with 256 MB PC133, maybe 512 MB if you really want it.

"Trying is the first step towards failure."
June 9, 2001 2:33:00 AM

HEY YOU MORON!!! EVERYBODY SAYS ITS NOT POSSIBLE. BUT NO YOU WANT TO MAX OUT YOUR FRIGGIN' MOBO. IF YOU WANT USE 1.33GIG THEN GET A NEW BOARD. IF YOU HATED A7V SO MUCH THEN WHY DID YOU GET IT?
YOU'RE JUST A SPOILT BRAT WITH PLENTY OF MONEY TO BURN SO STOP WASTING OUR TIME!!!

:cool: :eek:  :redface: :frown: :lol:  :mad:  :eek:  :smile: :tongue: :wink:
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 9, 2001 11:23:17 AM

NO!! U r ALL morons!!! Wouldn't u get 1.5Gb of pc150 for only $50? I currently have 448Mb pc133 and it's not enough! ABout 1.3Ghz - I alerady have it and rus fine! I just wanted to know what will ya answer! Guess u r all are "very smart" !! ha-ha...I fell on the loor when 2 of u called me a moron and said :"IT IS IMPOSSIBLE!" (I know I was the first who said that) lol...About money - well I'm not rich, not even close, I'm not even High Schol student so I don't get much money :-( and I do have GF2 MX and don't think there is something funny about that!
June 9, 2001 2:52:26 PM

I agree that some of choices seemed strange but no reason to start screaming MORON.

I hope your not lying about a 1.3 gig working on an A7V. What bios are u running? Also what programs are u running that need more then 448 MB of ram? I’m also skeptical on the 1.5 gig of ram for only 50 bucks.

Thx & Cya

<font color=green>I may go to <font color=red>hell</font color=red> but at least I won't get lonely</font color=green>
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 9, 2001 3:26:59 PM

I have the first BIOS ever for A7V, yesterday flashed, but it worked even when it wasn't flashed. My friend buys new system with DDR memory as gives me his 1 and somehting Gig of pc150 to me, I have 448+1.1=1.5Gb, I even tried to put 1.1Ghz 266bus Athlon on my A7V(200fsb) and it worked with glitches and crashed, but worked, I had to o'clock the mobo to 115 and put pc100 for memory!
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 9, 2001 4:24:41 PM

ok.....this forum is fantastic for a ton of reasons: tech-heads coming together to BS about the latest stuff and help each other with bugs and glitches. i gotta say, this entire post seems totally bogus to me and only serves to waste my time and that of the others who visit this forum. If im wrong, my apologies. If im right, and you are messin around here like some punk kid, you are wasting the wrong peoples time, my friend..........dont push it. people come here to learn, and if you are spreadin BS, they may go away with the wrong info and spend their cash on a chip that doesnt run in their mobo. understand? Again, if im wrong, and you are honestly trying to work out a problem, my apologies. And seriously, people, calling posters MORONS is uncool, and not the way Toms forums should be run, keep it cool!

ignore everything i say
June 9, 2001 4:43:53 PM

Do you know how to speak english?
mbaha

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 9, 2001 4:58:22 PM

PEOPLE WITH A7V DO NOT BUY 1.3GHZ ATHLONS!! I AM A BIG PUNK AND LIAR! I DON'T CARE WHAT AY ALL SAY!! IT WORKS DOR ME FINE! AS FOR THE WASTE OF TIME - YOU DON'T HAVE TO VISIT MY POSTS, YOU DON'T HAVE TO ANSWER ME! I DO USE THIS FORUM FOR SELFADVANCING AND I DO LOVE IT! I HAVE TOTALY POSTED ABOUT 135 QUESTIONS AND MAYBE ONLY 5 OF THEM WERE NOT VERY SERIOS!
THIS TIME I POSTED THIS QUESTION TO FIND OUT WHY NOBODY CAN ANSWER FOR SURE IF 1.3GHZ ATHLON WORKS ON A7V! MAYBE SOMEBODY CAN! I HAVE SPEND MY MONEY ON 1.3GHZ ATHLON TO SEE IF IT WORKS AND IT DID! IF ANYONE WILL DO THE SAME THING AND IT WON'T WORK - IT IS NOT MY FAULT! I DID NOT CALL ANYONE A MORON AT FIRST, BUT FEW PEOPLE DID AND I JUST SIMPLY GOT MAD! AND ENGLISH IS MY SECOND LANGUAGE AND I'M TRYING TO USE IT AS MUCH AS I CAN(mbaha's question)! IF ,YOU PEOPLE, THINK THAT I SHOULD BE THROWN OUT OF THE COMMUNITY THE GO AHEAD AND VOTE OR DON'T VOTE AND THROW ME OUT!!! PLEASE, EXCEPT MY APOLOGIES IF I WAS RUDE, LIAR, STUPID!
THANK, YOU!
June 9, 2001 5:25:48 PM

we all knew it would work but does it run at 1300 mhz or 1250 mhz use wcpuid to see what it running at and give us a screen shot.
mbaha

June 9, 2001 5:42:47 PM

So what memory combination are you using for that 1.5GB memory then?

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details
June 10, 2001 2:32:54 AM

okay, okay. So it was a bad day and I overreacted and I'm sorry.
By the way, you said that you weren't even a high school student. What are you doing with your PC that would require that much power?

:cool: :eek:  :redface: :frown: :lol:  :mad:  :eek:  :smile: :tongue: :wink:
June 10, 2001 6:22:11 AM

Okay, don't yell. And what memory combination do you have? A combination of PC150 and what else?

This is not a signature.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 10, 2001 4:16:20 PM

I just know that I won't be able to upgrade my pc for 4 next years. In the future things I think will require more and moer and I want my pc run everything very smooth. I don't really use powerful programs. I don't really know what can I do with computers, nobody wants to tell me, I like graphics a lot, but I don't think I can do it, because I am not good at drawing things, I can do just simple things, based on something, like Unreal, Half-Life multiplier maps. I'm trying to master photoshop, but don't have any luck. I like gaming a lot, but excitment that I was getting from games seems to go down, how do they make things like 3DMark 2000 and 2001?(oops, I think I changed the subject). My memory configuration is:
64+128=192Mb of 7.5ns (i still don't get it, if 8ns is CAS3 and 7ns is CAS2, the what is 7.5ns? CAS2.5?)pc133 Kingmax
RAM, then 256Mb stick os somekind of cheap Generic pc33 7.5ns, and now(not yet have it) will replace it with three 512Mb CAS2 pc150 sticks of RAM (I thought I just have to add, but found out there aren't any 1Gb sticks of memory) and use old 448Mb for an old pc. I'm just getting them very cheap.
June 10, 2001 8:10:05 PM

Does your carer/helper/ward-nurse know that you’re online?

out of ideas, back soon !
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 10, 2001 8:18:22 PM

What does that mean?
!