need help on M7MIA Biostar mobo

G

I am having problems with my system locking up when I play games.My system specs are;
Biostar M7MIA MOBO
AMD TB 1330 CPU
30 GB IBM HARDRIVE
Hercules Geforce GTS2 64DDR
512 MB Crucial DDR Memory
Soundblaster live X-gamer
400 watt AMD approved power supply
I can surf the web or whatever for hours and my system wont lock up until I start playing games then it will lock up withing 5 minutes or so,one time it said "the last few times your system went on standbye your system stopped responding,the I clicked yes so it wont happen again,but still happens.Every thing worked before untill I updated my mobo and cpu.I did all the updates and flashed my mobo bios but nothing worked yet.
Please help

shuke

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
I don't play games except for Diablo and I've yet to lay my hands on the DDR board.

Two things: Either hardware or software.

Hardware. Assuming your cpu, hsf and mobo is ok then the most likely culprit is the memory. Check its timing (try a lower timing) and its credibility. Goto http://www.tweakfiles.com and search under diagnostic the program named AMIDIAG. Download it and test your hardware and stress test you memory especially (by selecting all the memory tests). Also make sure you have a box (and also the room) with good airflow. Then again it could be the PS unit.

Software. It could be the games itself. Goto the numerous games sites and look for someone with same problem as yours or to the vendor web site. Or it could be the driver of your graphics card.

Or whatever.

It don't come easy.......not always.