This is my pc config.

Intel i3 530 2.93Ghz
Intel DH55PJ motherboard
Corsair 4GB 1333Mhz + Kingston 2GB 1333Mhz = Total 6GB
Sapphire HD6670 1GB DDR5 graphics card
Sony DVD writer SATA
Seagate 160GB SATA HDD (OS + programs)
Seagate 1TB SATA HDD (media colln.)
Western Digital 1TB SATA HDD (media colln.)
Corsair VX450 PSU

I try to run the Dirt3 game and I get a prompt asking like

"Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?"
Program name: SecuLauncher
Verified publisher: Sony DADC Austria AG,
File Origin: Hard drive on this computer"

with "Yes" & "No" buttons.

On clicking "Yes", I see some HDD activity and then it goes off and the game doesn't even start. I tried reinstalling the game and even the ATI catalyst for 64bit but its of no use.

I had initially tried installing in Win7 32bit and played perfectly without any problems. After which I thought of utilsing the full capacity of RAM (6GB) and now ending up with problems of game not even launching.

Should go back to 32bit since its a problem with other games too or is there any fix for this issue.
Can anyone help on this please...
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about dirt launching win7 64bit
  1. Quote:
    I'd go into your antivirus and make sure it isn't sand boxing any of your games. Have you tried running your game with admin permission?

Yes, I have tried running as adminstrator, but still no use. I tried installing another game Burnout Paradise Ultimate and it runs perfectly. But, breaking my head why Dirt 3 doesn't in 64bit. I am suprised that it ran perfectly in 32bit Win7 Ultimate without these admin permissions etc. With regard to antivirus, I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2011, should I make Dirt3.exe as trusted under "Threats & Exclusion" option? Will try that option also today evening when I reach home.

Any more thoughts to try pls....
  2. Just so you know that there should be a solution, I run Dirt 3 on Win 7-64 bit Home Premium. It is the Steam version, if that makes a difference.
  3. Best answer
    Did you disabled the GFWL sign in agent or blocked it.Enable it and it will start.
  4. Quote:
    maybe turn off your antivirus and stuff and give the game a go. All else try defrag lol.

Sorry man...even that option failed. Any more thoughts?
  5. Mudit Sathe said:
    Did you disabled the GFWL sign in agent or blocked it.Enable it and it will start.

How to I disable this? pls guide me step by step process....
  6. Hi all,

Thank very much for your inputs and suggestions. At last got the game running on 64bit.

This is what I did....
    I manually installed "Games for Windows Live" and eurekha the game started, but in window mode (not fullscreen). Then I modified the hardware config file inside the "My Games\Dirt3\" folder where fullscreen mode was "false" and set to "true". I copied my previous saved games which I have been playing in 32bit to the "savegame" folder. And the game worked perfectly. I am very happy to get this game running perfectly on Win7 64bit.

Thank you all once again for your support & guidance...
  7. next time it goes windowed. just tap alt+return, it will switch back to FS mode.
  8. HEXiT said:
    next time it goes windowed. just tap alt+return, it will switch back to FS mode.

Thank yo very much for the tip, will try this next time when it happens...
  9. Best answer selected by eummagic.
  10. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Hard Drives Video Games