G

I seemed to have made a blunder. I recently aquired an Asus
cuv4x-m and an 866 pIII to use on it. I had planed to use it in an atx case that used to house a celeron. Problem is that it did'nt fire up. The power supply fan wouldn't even
give the initial 2second whirl I was accustomed to whenever
I turn my surge suppressor on. What whent wrong? The celeron
board and slotket I pulled off got chucked to the side and onto the sponge that came in the asus box, yet after frustration I took that same board fearing static from the sponge had nuked it, put it back and it fired up. I don't get it. Was I too careful with the asus board?
I used every precaution like handling the board only with the anti-static bag it came with and a static strap.the same with the PIII 866.
On the other hand I handled the old board
with my bare hands until I realized that I needed to reuse it. The manual says that the atx powersupply must have enough current at 5+ sbp to handle the job, but the current at that lead measured 26ma. Any one know what might have gone wrong? I'm stumped !

extremity

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2001
My GUESS would be that you had the SB connector wrongly connected to the board......either that or the power supply was not firmly connected......otherwise, test it on another ATX case & power supply, if you have one available.

On the Edge of Extremity
Microsoft Registered OEM,DSP,MCP
Custom Building of PC`s.